Changing balance of an account during a RUNNING trade by signal

Hi,

Suppose my account is 1100 USD 1:500 and copying a signal provided with 1000 USD 1:500, so we are 1 to 1 now (considering i have the percentage set @ 95%).

Now let's assume he has one running trade with 0.02 lots, which my account copied with same size.

During its running, let's say i either doubled my account, or withdraw half of my balance. I understand the risk involved with higher drawdown percentage, but my question is, will the MT4 automatically double or reduce to half the running trade? or will leave it as is, but will perform new trades at the new ratio?

Thank you

I'd guess the latter.

How I pay

MK_MQ:

Hi,

Suppose my account is 1100 USD 1:500 and copying a signal provided with 1000 USD 1:500, so we are 1 to 1 now (considering i have the percentage set @ 95%).

Now let's assume he has one running trade with 0.02 lots, which my account copied with same size.

During its running, let's say i either doubled my account, or withdraw half of my balance. I understand the risk involved with higher drawdown percentage, but my question is, will the MT4 automatically double or reduce to half the running trade? or will leave it as is, but will perform new trades at the new ratio?

Thank you

MK_MQ:

Hi,

Thank you

Please click on my profile i have included links to signal subscription FAQ

To answer you shortly

1) LOTRATIO is calculated based on 3 components

a) trader vs subs balance $$$

b) trader vs subs leverage

c) trader vs subs acct cur, eg, trader=EUR, subs=USD

MQL also truncate or round differently based on LR (lotratio) calculated after a, b, c. MQL will always ROUND DOWN and NEVER ROUND UP

if there are NO OPEN trades, nothing will happen whether you withdraw, inject more funds until NEW open trades are found and copied to your acct

if there are OPEN trades, during next full synch, MQL will partial CLOSE OFF your trades (if partial closing is not possible, eg brokerage does not allow for that account), then FULL closing is performed and a new trade created

Reason: