New EA based on the !xMeter - page 50

Enforcer:
I don't use this EA, but from several months, each time I was looking on this thread someone was complaining about zero divide error so I tried to help.

So, you have now some problematic points marked, feel free to find more.

I really do not have enough time to rewrite whole thing again.

As for entering on missing data, I think won't be much difference considering success rate of first order...

Don't misunderstand me. I'm glad that people are trying to fix this error.

I just want to point out that I already tried all these "solutions" and they didn't work for me. And I'm not willing to post a fix that I know that won't solve the real problem - this is the reason You didn't see me posting these fixes.

If anyone is able to fix and prove it I'm glad to accept.

And yes, EA has a hard time finding good entries. Maybe entering on wrong data won't make much difference.

xmeter

hello, I still do not understand is how it should backtest this expert, let alone which version.

thank you

Read the thread

Use latest version. 2.1.2

Doesn't backtest because of the way the EA compares strength/weakness of currencies and then decides which one to trade.

If you don't have time to read the thread to get familiar with the EA then you probably don't have time to forward test it so I would suggest moving on to another bot as you need to spend some time with this as it has some quirks.

xmeter 2.1.2

thank you yes I read the discussion and I tested this and others, the drawdown becomes important quickly, it is necessary to reduce the risk to be quiet.

I have the feeling something is changed in the trading logic in the latest (enforcer) version.

I haven't seen the zero divide error anymore so thats definitly a good thing, but it now sometime closes trades with a loss, something I haven't seen before in 2.1.1.

It looks like it does not connect the different trades on the same symbol together? They have different tp/sl...?

As far as the drawdown goes, everyone looks for an EA that doubles their money in notime without any significant drawdown or risk. You ain't gonna find it I'm afraid.

Set this thing to risk 0.05, max drawdown to 6% on a account with enough money and leverage on it and it will start earning.

Don't know what anyone wants more

Hello

Hello everyone,

I'm Eric from Switzerland. I apologize for my awful English, my language is French.

Firstly my sincere congratulations and appreciation to the authors who have worked on this EA, and in particular FerruFx and venox250. I read and reread the code, and I said Wow! even in ten years I will not be able to do such a thing.

I have noticed some time !xMeter, and despite the language barrier, I decided to get involved in this project because I am convinced that this Expert Advisor has great potential.

In all modesty, I say that I think provide a great experience in strategies for grid and martingales. I developed my own EA "Enola" so that I have absorbed thousands of back-testing, tried dozens of strategies. In the particular field of trading with grid, I think I can bring new ideas to this project. Ideas and strategies that are based on more than one year of work and have been properly tested, including live.

I develop my ideas in my next contributions.

few observations

Well, first a few observations.

In my experience, the current version of !xmeter, despite all these qualities is certain to explode the account in the long term. The only uncertainty is how soon.

Indeed, a grid of 30 pips with a martingale with a coefficient of 1.5 is pure suicide, even with a huge capital, eg 1 million for a mini-lot basis.

I put !xmeter being tested on a few demo and live accounts January 3, 2011. Currently I have a series of 11 trades on EURUSD on one of my live accounts. So I do not be pessimistic, but realistic!

The problem is that like many similar EA, !xmeter uses great ingenuity to open the first trade, but then foolishly opens new trades every x pips.

The secret to success is to treat the taking of additional trades with the same thoroughness as the first.

Some ideas for solutions.

To survive with a system based on a martingale, it is imperative that the taking of additional trades not done mechanically using a fixed grid, but dynamically.

One of the best filter is not the number of pips, but the time! According to my experience, the best solution is to grant a single trade per daily candle.

The second filter is that the new trade on the new Dailly candle is determined by the indicator, the xmeter in this case.

And the third condition is the minimum distance in pips with the trade before.

With this strategy, the EA can survive against the trend of several thousand pips. For cons, the profitability of the EA will drastically decreased. But remember that the current real yield is actually -100%!

If this were a simple EA with one pair per chart I can change the code myself, but the code of !xmeter is a monster that I hesitate to put my fingers.

Here the condition for the filter of time:

iBarShift("Symbol variable",PERIOD_D1,"LastTradeOpenTime variable",false)>0

FullPips:
The second filter is that the new trade on the new Dailly candle is determined by the indicator, the xmeter in this case.

Sorry, I better study of the code. Indeed, it seems that the parameter "RecoverTrigger" allows the indicator to enslave the additional trades.

I begin to understand the code a bit, I'll try to implement my time filter function.

It is true that the fact of not being able to back-test is a big handicap. In the MT5 version, it is possible to make back-tests ?

Reason: