New EA based on the !xMeter - page 40

time in !xmeter EA

venox250:
OK, since I haven't received any usable information I had to create a demo on forex.com. The code had many minor bugs related to suffixed symbols which I corrected. Here is the new version. I also removed the closing of trades if the strengths changed to the opposite because grid averaging method does work well and these are handled nicely (with a bit larger drawdown).

Good luck,

MikKi

Can you add:

1. a parameter for time in the EA to define when to trade (e.q. from 7am to 14pm)

2. also a parameter to stop automatic SL & TP

Hi

I am concern about how far the grid averaging could go. I have many bad experiences with runaway grids. I am trying to trade grids for two years now and that seem to be a problem.

Dear Venox250,

Could you please send me a private message with a contact email adress?

Thanks!

kpliatsik:
Can you add:

1. a parameter for time in the EA to define when to trade (e.q. from 7am to 14pm)

2. also a parameter to stop automatic SL & TP

Sorry, I'm not adding any more modifications except for bug fixes but there are options You can try:

1) You could use PauseStartTime & PauseEndTime to set weekend pause begin end (DHHMM format - see EA source for comments).

2) Automatic SL/TP is harder to switch off. If You want to have fixed TP/SL then digg the code and modify where necessary.

pmacel:
Hi I am concern about how far the grid averaging could go. I have many bad experiences with runaway grids. I am trying to trade grids for two years now and that seem to be a problem.

Grid could go as far as price does and equity holds. That's why You have to use proper risk management. Have a look at my stats on myfxbook and see that grids can be used quite well.

Thanks for the info. Could you tell us what are the lots increments starting with .01lots.

pmacel:
Thanks for the info. Could you tell us what are the lots increments starting with .01lots.

The calculation is like this:

if (orders > 3)

lots = NormalizeDouble(MathPow(1.5, orders - 2) * InitialLotSize, lotPrecision);

else

lots = NormalizeDouble(InitialLotSize, lotPrecision);

That is for 0.01 initial lots with 0.01 lot increment allowed the sequence would be:

0.01; 0.01; 0.01; 0.01; 0.02; 0.03; 0.05; 0.08; 0.11; 0.17; etc.

The first 4 orders are always opened with the minimum lot size (which can increase with equity).

Hi, venox250

Would you suggest anything special to deal with the important news events, or leave the EA work 24 hours.. And would you please confirm that I do not need to change breakeven pips and recovery pips values to 30 instead of original 3 for 5-digit brokers..I thought that the auto TP applies to the basket as a whole, but it seems that in my demo Alpari account each pair closes with a separate TP on its own...

Regards,

Hi

Could you please fix suffix problem on version 2.0.1 so it will work on forex.com.

Thanks

victor57:
Hi, venox250

Would you suggest anything special to deal with the important news events, or leave the EA work 24 hours.. And would you please confirm that I do not need to change breakeven pips and recovery pips values to 30 instead of original 3 for 5-digit brokers..I thought that the auto TP applies to the basket as a whole, but it seems that in my demo Alpari account each pair closes with a separate TP on its own...

Regards,

I'm not suggesting anything regarding news. Try it both ways and see which one fits your needs better.

In version 2.1 all pip-related parameters are automatically multiplied by 10 on 5 digit brokers. But I didn't test it so check for yourself.

Every pair is handled separately in 2.1 with dynamic TP and SL.

Regards

Reason: