New EA based on the !xMeter - page 17

Hi:

I don't know others having an issue/problems with EA, but If we can add trailing to the EA, like the one that posted for EUR/USd EA, that will be a good place to start.

Also, if you can take a look at the problem of not able to access EA properties once it is attached to the chart, that will be great.

I have PCs that runs 24/7, so I can run test whenever you decide to start.

Thanks,

nondisclosure007:
Show me to the code your talking about w/ the problems we're having (I think I've got it, but I want to be sure) and I'll start working on it.

Bugs etc.

nondisclosure007:
Show me to the code your talking about w/ the problems we're having (I think I've got it, but I want to be sure) and I'll start working on it.

The !xMeter indicator is build into the EA. Apparently there is some problem with the !xMeter indicator itself, something to do with an infinite loop. This was mentioned in one of the first posts. I stand to be corrected, but isn't this causing some of the problems mentioned above?

EbenB:
I stand to be corrected, but isn't this causing some of the problems mentioned above?

Yes exactly, the infinite loop is here for refresh all currency each second instead each tick. It's a big CPU cruncher and doesn't allow to modify the parameters by clicking the smiley face. The solution is to delete the loop and put the !xMeter on a chart with high volatility pair.

FerruFx

nondisclosure007:
ATTN ALL WILLING FORWARD TESTERS!

reply to this thread w/ pairs you have on your demo accounts. I'll setup who tests what pairs and for what timeframe. FerruFx can give each settings.

I'll organize if we get enough people willing to do it.

FerruFx I have a dedicated server at home. I can install as many copies of the IBFX software on it. I can do all this forward testing on it. If your intersted, let me know. I'd like for everyone who can leave a PC on for a given amount of time to get in on it, but if not, I'll do the testing.

I'm still reviewing the code.

Hi Guys - If any volunteers needed for forward testing I can run at least a dozen MT4 platforms from any different brokers you like. Just advise

Cheers,

Altos

infinite loop

FerruFx:
Yes exactly, the infinite loop is here for refresh all currency each second instead each tick. It's a big CPU cruncher and doesn't allow to modify the parameters by clicking the smiley face. The solution is to delete the loop and put the !xMeter on a chart with high volatility pair. FerruFx

I understand. Thanks, but you say "high volatility pair". Could you please explain that?

Forward testing

Foward test results very encouraging.

Very good results on EURUSD for the past week (and still counting). Some enhancement changes to the EA will prevent similar losses like the $500 lost on the 5th.

See attachment

Files:

EbenB:
Foward test results very encouraging.

Very good results on EURUSD for the past week (and still counting). Some enhancement changes to the EA will prevent similar losses like the $500 lost on the 5th.

See attachment

what setting and version you use ?

for my testing get two a/c loss in this week. which is high 8 low 2 (all 12)

and 6 / 4 (all 12 too )

Settings

salohang:
what setting and version you use ?

for my testing get two a/c loss in this week. which is high 8 low 2 (all 12)

and 6 / 4 (all 12 too )

I used the very same settings that was published in my post 146, EurUsd-version. It is not to say that those settings are optimal, but it surely looks good to me.

Hope this will help you to attain better results. Keep me posted. Good luck!

Thanks for EA

Hi FerruFX,

thanks for the EA, it is one of the best I have seen. I have noticed the indicator gives different figures depending on the data feed as mentioned before.

I believe each currency will have to be optimised for different brokers.

My reason for posting?

To assist with optimising would it be possible to have the output of the indicator appear as a line or lines? (separate window). Then it would be possible to scroll back and check the values against the price action.

Also as some currencies have naturally higher figures so for example with the Eur Usd I have about 20 short trades to 1 long trade. I could get around this by having the ea set to short or long only.

Again, many thanks.

waltini:
Hi FerruFX,

To assist with optimising would it be possible to have the output of the indicator appear as a line or lines? (separate window). Then it would be possible to scroll back and check the values against the price action.

Again, many thanks.

Like a MACD for instance? Very good suggestion. It is something I'm also looking into.

To get some sort of an idea of the currency's "behaviour" (prices and values), I check the entry and exit points by running the backtester in visual mode. It gives one a pretty good indication of the values against the price action. It's a tedious process, but exciting enough. Offcourse, you won't be able to scroll back with this.

Reason: