The Nature System - page 9

sirwolf:
Thanks Mike and Dan! I wasnt clear if you went opposite on a win or not, but now I know. Thank you both!

Yes, You go opposite if You lose.

Dan7974:
Thank You Ryanklefas. I think it is wrong, becuase it wouldn't be that failing! Also, the statement should be the same even if You change it to anytime. Like I tested M5, and M1, and it showed different results? You put 25 Stop, and 50 Limit. Remember, the limit shoold increase, and the stop should decrease, by 1 pip each time You lose. And did You code the lots to go like this?

Do You understand my method fully? Ask any questions please if You have any. Thanks,

Dan.

Yes, I do understand your system.

The differences that you encountered on the backtests probably came from the fact that the backtester is a piece of crap, to put it simply. Also, if you watched the lotsizes on the backtest, you would have seen that it does in fact increase based on the fibo progression. What will kill the system is when the progressions become too big. As for the sl and tp not adjusting, I know already; when I posted the EA I said that it was not yet done. I will soon post the source code so other programmers can help develop the EA or catch any mistakes that I made, as I am short on time.

This is the most recent version of the EA. It will work the same as the one that I posted before. This one does however have Trailing Stops and breakeven options available. I have taken out other unnecessary functions and code that don't correspond to Dan's system, so that it will be easier for others to contribute. I'm relinquishing this project to any other programmer that wants to take this project on. Feel free to rip the code to pieces if need be.

Files:

ryanklefas:
This is the most recent version of the EA. It will work the same as the one that I posted before. This one does however have Trailing Stops and breakeven options available. I have taken out other unnecessary functions and code that don't correspond to Dan's system, so that it will be easier for others to contribute. I'm relinquishing this project to any other programmer that wants to take this project on. Feel free to rip the code to pieces if need be.

Thank You, I will test it! Starting Sunday. I will see if it needs adjusting. I really am very grateful that You made that EA. I can only imagine how much You've coded, and how confusing it is......

The Nature System

Hai Dan,

One question, Your said your system works best on currencies with less 25 pips consolidation, can you explain about that ?

Regards,

Syaqila

Syaqila:
Hai Dan,

One question, Your said your system works best on currencies with less 25 pips consolidation, can you explain about that ?What I mean is flat market. You know? You can only lose on my method, THE NATURE SYSTEM, if we have consolidations. What I mean by that is that, the market goes 25 Pips ( or 24 on 2nd trade, and 23 on 3rd trade, etc. ) up, and 25 pips down, and 25 pips up, and another down, we are losing money. But, when the market breaks throught that consolidation, or rectangle, we cover all the losses, and ,make a huge profit !

Regards,

Syaqila

That's about it. With Consolidations.

So, any manual tests done yet?

Can you post the resource you got this method from so it can be studied in full detail?

Dan7974:
So, any manual tests done yet?

Big drawdown

I started backtesting from 2004 on the GBPUSD pair.

10k would not be enough, after 2 months 14.4 lots were reached, that means 12 losses.

Unfortunately the ea uses a lot of ressources ans becomes more and more slow. After 2 hours only two months were ready on strategy tester. Maybe it can be improved to use less computer power.

IMHO the system needs an optimization of SL and TP. Earnings of appr. 1k/month with a minimum 20k balance and some huge drawdowns are not so promising.

When we are trapped in a ranging market - on the false site - the oscillation leads to resonance - the lotsize becomes bigger and bigger the margin call is near. So we should change the own frequency of oscillation (to avoid resonance) by optimizing SL and TP to be released and collect pips more quickly to be protected againsr margin call.

Unfortunately I had to stop my investigation because of a small problem

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176278

I would appreciate if someone could help

Bluehippo

this ea is a slow tester. it took over 24 hours to test 9 months. i gave up. i tested with 5K with micro lot as starting lot and 200:1 leverage. it had two times during this period where one time it went to 12 levels and the 2nd time to 13 levels. during about 9 months it make 1.5K profit but came to blowing the account with 12 and 13 levels.

Files:
natural.gif  7 kb
natural.htm  430 kb
Reason: