Range Indicators - page 14

arshadFX:
Try this you may find it usefull

thanks that is interesting but not quite what I need.

Shawn

MQ4 version would be great

newmont:
I have been doing some work on Daily Ranges and have added two mods, the first is to put in TR= Todays Range - RAvg= 6 day Average Range. I have also Converted the 5 day range calc to 6 days. This is to try and counter act the short bar on the monday or sunday night opening. The short bar depens on the broker that you use but it can mess up the calculation for the whole day.

I would love to have this indicator in mq4 version. The present colors do not work well for me. Anybosy wiling to do?

sswilli99:
Hi All,

I have been looking for an indicator that could do this but having no luck. I am needing an indicator that can tell me the average hourly range by the hour of the day.

Example

00:00 = 26 pips

01:00 = 22 pips

02:00 = 34 pips

and so on.....

Obviously the range changes by hour due to markets being closed/open and I need to see how many pips the hour coming up normally moves for the system I am trading.

If anyone knows of an indicator like that, thanks in advance, or if you could figure out how to code it, I am pretty inept when it comes to coding.

In a perfect world the other thing I would like is an alarm when the currency is reaching its range for that hour.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shawn

I second that request. The very same indicator was introduced in the last FX Trader Magazin edition.

Indicator That Highlights Price Range In Color

Is there any indicator that can highlight price range in color ?

Say I know that price 1.3200 till price 1.3220 is a support range. I would like to highlight the whole horizontal price range in yellow color, for instance, rather than putting one horizontal line at each price level.

Price:

1.3230 ------------------------------------ horizontal line

| ///////////////////////////////////////// filled with color

1.3200 ------------------------------------ horizontal line

Someone seen this type of indicator ?

S&R Areas

username1:
Is there any indicator that can highlight price range in color ?

Say I know that price 1.3200 till price 1.3220 is a support range. I would like to highlight the whole horizontal price range in yellow color, for instance, rather than putting one horizontal line at each price level.

Price:

1.3230 ------------------------------------ horizontal line

1.3200 ------------------------------------ horizontal line

Someone seen this type of indicator ?

Hi

Just be aware if you overlay 2 areas do not use the same colors or the overlaid area will display no color.

sampr_areas.mq4

Files:
sampr.gif  21 kb

Thank you !

Thank you.

This was exactly what I was looking for. :-)

Shaded area showing daily range

I am looking for an indicator that will make my mt4 charts look like some of the broker platforms, (like CMS and Alpari): I want the current daily range to be shaded, as well as the daily range for yesterday. I would like the shaded daily range to be visible on m15 to H4 charts.

The reason I prefer shading to lines is that I already use so many lines on my charts (daily/weekly pivots, fibs, s/r).

Thanks for your help.

cja:
Hi

Just be aware if you overlay 2 areas do not use the same colors or the overlaid area will display no color.

sampr_areas.mq4

I can't get s&R works

Please post indicator

Could someone please post this indicator the link is not working

Thank you

M256:
Based on LinRegSlope by TrendLaboratory but with some improvements -

I GIVE YOU THE ULTIMATE TOOL FOR IDENTIFYING TRENDS AND RANGES!

Interpretation:

While price is Black - price is in range.

When price turns Greentrendis present.

Change 'Length' to control the sensitivity of the indicator.

Download here.

Indicator Background Colour

Hi folks,

Picked up this indicator on this forum. It's great.

However, my chart background is white and so white is the colour of the indicator background.

I would prefer if the indicator background colour was black to see it better. Is this possible?

Any help appreciated.

Sully

Reason: