PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 19

daraknor:

Each Loop has a different entry efficiency. Loop1 is your initial signal efficiency, and rather than use (TP-spread)/(SL+spread) ratios * win/loss, I'll just use the derived number that MetaTraders uses= Profit Factor. If PF > 1 you have long term profit (spread costs are built in to the wins and losses). ...

When you have a *reason* to enter the next cycle, then it is worth entering. ....

I have done some more thinking about when to enter the next level:

Instead of blindly open the next order when we reach the pipstep distance, we should wait for a confirmation that the retracement we are waiting for has started. Similar to a delayed entry, one can wait until price retraces by e.g. 2-3 pips before opening the next order. This makes a lot of sense if we get caught in a sudden trend reversal spike. Either we get stopped out without having opened additional orders (and therefore with a reduced loss), or we get a chance to successfully complete the trade when a retracement finally comes.

We always reduce risk doing it this way. Note that if some pipstep levels have been skipped before we finally open the next order it is always sufficient to use the lot size of the latest level to get the same profit. If no level has been skipped however, it is sufficient to slightly increase TP to get the target profit. This behaviour is a bit tricky to implement but is very much worth testing.

MrsPacMan

I have added a MrsPacMan version to the first page. This is a kinda prelude to pacman_x. Mrspacman has many of the same features but totaly different signals. Thses signals are very simple but very effective.

MrsPacMan has different majic#'s than PacMan so they can be run on the same pair.

MrsPacMan will take alot more trades. Defaults are set for demo and real account.

Read the notes at the top of the ea in the code befor using.

Dave

Thanks David, I will forward test the Mrs and give the results weekly.

Sada

alassio:
I have done some more thinking about when to enter the next level:

Instead of blindly open the next order when we reach the pipstep distance, we should wait for a confirmation that the retracement we are waiting for has started. Similar to a delayed entry, one can wait until price retraces by e.g. 2-3 pips before opening the next order. This makes a lot of sense if we get caught in a sudden trend reversal spike. Either we get stopped out without having opened additional orders (and therefore with a reduced loss), or we get a chance to successfully complete the trade when a retracement finally comes.

We always reduce risk doing it this way. Note that if some pipstep levels have been skipped before we finally open the next order it is always sufficient to use the lot size of the latest level to get the same profit. If no level has been skipped however, it is sufficient to slightly increase TP to get the target profit. This behaviour is a bit tricky to implement but is very much worth testing.

I have a similar policy on a commercial EA I'm writing that trades Fractal S&R lines. I always wait for retracement, and it is the best way to avoid drawdowns on my trading system. Unfortunately, I was statically defining trading zones and the live market would sometimes skip over the price I wanted to execute at. Pending order trades are buggy for a number of reasons, I'm going to set up a little more advanced zone detection and execute at current market on the retrace. Yes, the retrace is always a good thing. You loose out on 2 pips, but you loose a lot less by entering better trades.

Just curious as to why my SL is being set at 123 when I have initialstop set for 33

Thanks

Files:
pacman.jpg  22 kb

Also, on my work computer SL is not being used ?? I have SL set at 35 but trade closed at 9

Thanks

Files:
pacmansl.jpg  199 kb

matrixebiz:
Also, on my work computer SL is not being used ?? I have SL set at 35 but trade closed at 9 Thanks

No wonder your stops are not working. It looks like your using firebird expert.

Your in the wrong forum.

thanks xxxdavidxxx, for sharing your mrs pacman.

i ran a backtest for 2006 on H1 euro/usd and it does well except for the period of mid november through december 2006. it opened the max sell trades and the market kept going up for 300 points or so after that and started opening buy orders above and closing at a profit but in my test it would crash before getting to the point of closing the first sells.

BluePearl:
thanks xxxdavidxxx, for sharing your mrs pacman. i ran a backtest for 2006 on H1 euro/usd and it does well except for the period of mid november through december 2006. it opened the max sell trades and the market kept going up for 300 points or so after that and started opening buy orders above and closing at a profit but in my test it would crash before getting to the point of closing the first sells.

I know. Actualy I can get it run from nov1st to today with out busting. But if the settings are not just right there are a couple of nasty bust points in nov/dec/and first of jan. Look at the trades on the chart and see if they could have initiated off of news. Most of the time this is the case and we'd avoid big news.

Currently I have pacman with 4 open shorts on euro$. This is where I sweat. Because we are making new highs and it could run 100 pips up befor retracing. Or it could fall like a rock. My analysis is possible 20 pips higher then a retrace, befor continuing higher.

I dunno whats up with your stops. But I see fire bird in the top corner. I never use s/l with martingale.

dave

xxDavidxSxx:
... I never use s/l with martingale.

Obviously, I still couldn't convince you ...

Reason: