Invalid 1-min candlestick data in MT4

Hello,

When a new 1-min OHLC candlestick opens for the first time (ie when seconds=0), we should see the open and close at the mid-points of the 2 pip spread, and the high and low being the ask and bid respectively. In other words, the new 1-min candlestick should have wicks on the ends (being a doji at seconds=0) and not a flat horizonatal line (this used to be the case in MT3). It would be great if you could fix this, as the high of a 1-min candlestick should always reflect the highest ask price and not the mid-point of the spread, as this is not realistic in the market place. Do you agree?

Overall, however, I must congratulate your MetaQuotes on a brilliant peice of software, much more powerful and functionality than TradeStation 8.

Cheers

RJF

I'm not sure but I think the open/close/highs/lows are entirely based on the bid price (at least this is how I am handling these things at the moment). So a new bar would be flat ... all those four being the bid.

Markus

I'm not sure but I think the open/close/highs/lows are entirely based on the bid price (at least this is how I am handling these things at the moment). So a new bar would be flat ... all those four being the bid.

Markus

Yes that seems to be the case. Initial open/high/low/close when bar first opens up, are all based on bid price at the start of the new minute. Would be great if later on you could have it such that open=mid point of bid/ask, close=mid point of bid/ask, high=highest ask price over the 1 minute period, low=lowest ask price over the 1 minute period.

Thanks for your reply.
Reason: