Trend /Reversal /Continuation HELPER - page 15

hi...

Looks like an interesting idea for an indicator and as such I decided to download it...

BUT...when I tried to put it onto a chart....it crashed MT4....saying there was a critical error...

Now...I assume i did it right...

loaded the latest version off the first post....I left everything as default ( I assumed there was nothing I had to add unless I wanted to change a setting )

oh something I did not check,,,does it need to be loaded onto any specific timeframe..?

Is what I did right..?

MT4 Crash

Angler:
hi...

Looks like an interesting idea for an indicator and as such I decided to download it...

BUT...when I tried to put it onto a chart....it crashed MT4....saying there was a critical error...

Now...I assume i did it right...

loaded the latest version off the first post....I left everything as default ( I assumed there was nothing I had to add unless I wanted to change a setting )

oh something I did not check,,,does it need to be loaded onto any specific timeframe..?

Is what I did right..?

Hi

I have found on occasion that if you load an indicator compiled in say build 204 and try to load it into an earlier build like 202 it can cause a crash, at least i suspect this is the case, make sure you have loaded the indicator into your indicators folder and restart the Mt4 platform, if that fails make sure you have the latest MT4 build #204. It loads onto any timeframe.

cja

hi...

Thank you ..cja...updating MT4 worked a charm...

Alert for MACD

Hi CJA

Not sure if this is the right forum! I'm trying to add an alert to an MACD when the two MA cross! I found your 2 colour version which I really like, would it be possible to add a sound alert?

Thanks in advance

DB

hi...

Now that I have this indicator loaded...and looking at the chart while it changes to get a handle on its workings, has anyone started a thread to try work out a trading method based on the indicator as a stand alone buy/sell system with no other indicators used.....theory would suggest there should be enough info give by the indicator to make a trade...maybe a few that have had a little longer watching it may get into this.

Hello, cja,

After installing Signal Bars v.6 successfully, when I insert a label on the screen (Insert>Text Label), save the template then exit the trading station application, launch the program again and look at screen, the label has disappeared. Not only that, the label is no longer listed in: Charts>Objects>Object List.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi, CJA!

question about MTF MACD CJA 4in1

could you, please, help with the option (mod.) which shows macd lines "stretched" in "conventional" mtf display (in the pict. 1tf was dragged and dropped 4 times) ?

mtf thread

thank you

Files:

Question

fxbs:
Hi, CJA!

question about MTF MACD CJA 4in1

could you, please, help with the option (mod.) which shows macd lines "stretched" in "conventional" mtf display (in the pict. 1tf was dragged and dropped 4 times) ?

mtf thread

thank you

OK but what is it you are asking for me to do??????

cja

Labels

Rancho:
Hello, cja,

After installing Signal Bars v.6 successfully, when I insert a label on the screen (Insert>Text Label), save the template then exit the trading station application, launch the program again and look at screen, the label has disappeared. Not only that, the label is no longer listed in: Charts>Objects>Object List.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

It could just be that either your label is very sensitive to indicators with many labels and objects, or simply that the object delete labels and text functions in the Signal Bars indicator are removing the label on start up, signal bars needs to have a delete function to update the colors, the only way around it would be to write individual delete functions for every label or text instead of the general "ObjectsDeleteAll(0,OBJ_LABEL); " if this proves to be a common issue i will look at recoding the delete function.

cja

cja:
OK but what is it you are asking for me to do?????? cja

Thank you, CJA.

we trying to put macd of 4 different timeframes in one separate window in one indicator (yours) with "conventional" "stratched" displey. so far - 4 ind. in one window...

can you make this option (mod)?

take a look on mtf thread from this post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page40

Reason: