How do I use the files with .ex4 extension.

Anybody can tell me how to use the .ex4 after downloading it? I copied and pasted it to the custom indicator folder but nothing seems to happen to the chart when I try to attach it to the chart.

Thanks in Advance!

Some information is here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

ex4 files are compilled mq4 files. They can be EAs or Custom Indicators. So, you have to know what exactly is your file in order to copy it in the correct folder. If it is an EA you have to copy the file in ....\MetaTrader\experts\. If it is an Indicator you have to copy it in ....\MetaTrader\experts\indicators\.

If it is an indicator it should work with no problems after you attach it to the chart (unless there are errors in the code). If it is an EA you have to enable the use of Expert Advisors from Tools - Options - Expert Advisors. You also have to check "allow live trading" from the dialog box that appears when you attach the EA to the chart.

Tell me if it works.

Still not working

Thanks for the administrator and cucurucu.

I did try the things you suggested but still now luck.

It is very easy for me to copy the mq4---compile---Ola! it works. Howevery I copy the ex4 and it frustrates for many reasons. Here is the file I am trying to get pivot points. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://forexmastermaker.com/site.php/file/download/pivot_program/

hm... very strange. Have you tried to change the properties of the indicators and/or the timeframe of the chart?

Why don't you download a pivot indicator from this forum?

How to open .ex4 ?

NEEL123:
Anybody can tell me how to use the .ex4 after downloading it? I copied and pasted it to the custom indicator folder but nothing seems to happen to the chart when I try to attach it to the chart. Thanks in Advance!

Dear all,

I'm a newbie. and I got difficulties to open this file out (.ex4). If anybody don't mind, pls. tell me how... and how to install it to metatrader. Thanks anyway, and good luck guys...

nagaman:
Dear all, I'm a newbie. and I got difficulties to open this file out (.ex4). If anybody don't mind, pls. tell me how... and how to install it to metatrader. Thanks anyway, and good luck guys...

1.You need to know what it is,is it indicator or EA or script

If it is an indicator: put it in Mt4>expert>indicator then open your Mt4,click navigator choose 'custom indicators'.The you should have the indicator in the chart

If it is an EA : put it in Mt4>expert>EA then open your Mt4,Click tool on the window,click expert advisor and tick the required option.You will see a smilly face in the right of your window after you drag the file from navigator and drop it in a chart.Done!the EA will work

If it is a script : put it in Mt4>expert>scripts then open your Mt4 open navigator choose script,on the script choose the script that you already put in the folder.Right hand click on the script press set hotkey then assign your desired hotkey.Press the hotkey that you assign for example ctrl D on chart you wish to use.

Hope it helps,

heartnet