Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 43

MT4 on Broadband Connection

Have not seen this question....

I am looking at these mini-notebooks from either AT&T or Verizon... low price (under $200) with a 2 year broadband contract of up to 5 GB a data a month.

Has anyone measured what the per minute broadband usage is for accessing MT4 and trading over one of these connection?

Lot's of KB, but I do not know how to convert this into MT4 access.

How much is 5 GB?

5 GB = 5120 MB = 5,242,880 KB

Can I be in an MT4 session for 5-6 hours a day with 5 GB?

Thanks

Hi all,

I need to plot my daily bars on MT4 starting and ending at 08.00 GMT everyday.

Please let me know which broker feed mathes this timing or otherwise how can I change them to suit my trading style.

Thanks a heap.

takechance:
Hi all,

I need to plot my daily bars on MT4 starting and ending at 08.00 GMT everyday.

Please let me know which broker feed mathes this timing or otherwise how can I change them to suit my trading style.

Thanks a heap.

Almost all brokers have that time. 8 GMT is London open time.

how to get Initial Deposit value?

Hello,

I have a problem:

I want to get my Initial Deposit value when I opened a new Account, but I don't know how to do it , I need the value to make some calculation in my EA.

Somebody can help me?

thankyou.

Question about EAs

If you trade using more than one EA do you have different trading accounts for each one or do you trade all of them from one account?

If so how do you keep track of performance each EA?

Thanks

Demo Account filling in Metatrader 4

Hello everybody,

hope anybody can help me to solve the following Problem with a demaccount in Metatrader 4.

It is possible to fill up a Demoaccount in MT4 like a normal account?

So for example i have registrated a Demoaccount with 500$ and after that and i am trading on it i use a little bit more money. So i want to fill it up with 500$, that i will have then 1000$. Is it possible to do that?

The problem i have is that when i open a new demo account so i can not transfer the old trades to the ne account with more money. So the old trades are lost.

Or another way. Is it possible to transfer the old trades to the new account?

Hope anybody has a fix for that problem.

Thanks in advance.

You mean you would like a demo account that would look like a real account so it can be presented as a real account? :):):)

Snoopy1234:
Hello everybody,

hope anybody can help me to solve the following Problem with a demaccount in Metatrader 4.

So for example i have registrated a Demoaccount with 500$ and after that and i am trading on it i use a little bit more money. So i want to fill it up with 500$, that i will have then 1000$. Is it possible to do that?

The problem i have is that when i open a new demo account so i can not transfer the old trades to the ne account with more money. So the old trades are lost.

Thanks in advance.

This isn't a feature of demo accounts

Snoopy1234:

It is not possible to 'add' demo funds to a demo account. This isn't a problem... this is by design. If you really need this feature, I suggest purchasing 'Forex Tester 2.2' here: Forex Tester Software - Professional Forex Training. Teach yourself forex trading.

You are able to add funds and trade like a real account. The only drawback to the software is that if you are an indicator based trader, there aren't many indicators inbuilt and you cannot use mql4 to program indicators for it.

Other than that, it works in pretty much the same way as metatrader except you can only trade on past results rather than a live feed.

You will never reach this limit

webicknell:

Can I be in an MT4 session for 5-6 hours a day with 5 GB?

You will never reach your 5gb limit using only MT4 (unless you download 1 min history from 1970's on a DAILY basis for ALL currency pairs and you will NEVER need to do this as once you download the history once, you don't need to do it again)

Looking to learn

Hi to all ,

I am a novice in MQ4, but I am a programmer with a lot of experiance .

I am looking for PDF decomentation about MQ4 .

Thank you .

Yossibr .

Reason: