Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 12

MT4 Question

Hey All,

I am trading with Alpari US and I am using MT4 of course. I am trading a few accounts for friends who do not have the time to do this. I am using robots on all three of the accounts..My questions is, Will I need to buy two more pcs and load the two other computers with MT4 to trade the other two....I have the MT4 Multi Terminal where i can control all three accounts...But I cannot put the bots on this mutiterminal...Anyone have any other suggestions or comments on this? I appreciate every comments or suggestions.. I am using a laptop for the accounts for the main alpari terminal

thanks

jim

jimbnc:
Hey All,

I am trading with Alpari US and I am using MT4 of course. I am trading a few accounts for friends who do not have the time to do this. I am using robots on all three of the accounts..My questions is, Will I need to buy two more pcs and load the two other computers with MT4 to trade the other two....I have the MT4 Multi Terminal where i can control all three accounts...But I cannot put the bots on this mutiterminal...Anyone have any other suggestions or comments on this? I appreciate every comments or suggestions.. I am using a laptop for the accounts for the main alpari terminal

thanks

jim

Jim,

If you can't apply the EAs on your multiterminal, just open 3 fresh separate platforms.

FerruFx

Global Crosshair

Hi there - first post and Hello to everyone..

Is there a way to enable or have a global crosshair on MT4.

By this - i mean the following (to clarify):

I have 3 different timeframes accross my screens.

If i am positioning the crosshair on my 5m chart, for example, i would like to be able to see where the crosshair is in relation to the other timeframes and also to move accordingly.

Is this possible?

Please tell me it is and show me how ))

Indicator on Indicator

Greetings all

I have two indicators that I want to display in one ind window

I have seen indicator loaded onto another indicator window. How is this done? When I try to load the second indicator it goes to the price bars.

Thanks all.

trader1404:
Greetings all

I have seen indicator loaded onto another indicator window. How is this done? When I try to load the second indicator it goes to the price bars.

Thanks all.

Drag the second indicator into the section which contains the first indicator i.e. if the first is in a sub window, the second must be dragged into that window

Thanks

I thought that was what I needed to do and tried that prior to the post. I retried and still the indicator went north onto the price bars. Just as a test I did load a different indicator onto the first but not the indicator that I wanted. This could become a $2000 indicator when I throw my laptop. So frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

trader1404:
Greetings all

Thanks all.

There is the thread about it: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173475

Metatrader?

Hello everyone, right now I'm new to Forex and I really want to learn to use this program called Metatrader. But since I travel a lot, I have almost no time at all to seat and read these huge articles I've been finding on the web with information about the program. Also I would like to know which Metatrader to download, because I've seen some posts talking about Metatrader 3 and 4, for which I get really confused.

So I was wondering if someone could tell me, first of all, where to download the program and where to find useful information on how to use it correctly.

Lyzzie Fox:
Hello everyone, right now I'm new to Forex and I really want to learn to use this program called Metatrader. But since I travel a lot, I have almost no time at all to seat and read these huge articles I've been finding on the web with information about the program. Also I would like to know which Metatrader to download, because I've seen some posts talking about Metatrader 3 and 4, for which I get really confused. So I was wondering if someone could tell me, first of all, where to download the program and where to find useful information on how to use it correctly.

MT4.

MT3 isn't widely supported anymore.

You could download it form the official website:Forex Trading Software: Forex Trading Platform MetaTrader 4

Of one of many brokers https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/commercial-talks/4972-metatrader-brokers-list-compiled

Reason: