Dinapoli Detrend Osc and Laguerre?

Am I crazy or is there something to this? I've been playing around with meta trader and trying to save space so I usually put one indicator on top of another. However I found that these two might possibly have a relationship.

Take a look at GBPUSD H1 and EURUSD H1 here. I found that if use the Dinapoli Oscillator (in blue) as a leading and the Laguerre (Pink) as a lagging indicator you can figure out the direction of a trade before it happens when they cross.

If you notice that at each red vertical line the two indicators cross, and when they do it shows a shift in the direction of the price. And if you follow the direction of the Dinapoli Oscillator you can generally gauge the direction that the price will go, while Laguerre acts as confirmation. Once LAguerre catches up to the Oscillator the trend has run out of steam and will either hover or reverse.

*updated -- just added the indicators so that we're all on the same page.

This technique has not been confirmed, it's as a result of some oberservations i've made over a little bit of time. I'm posting it here so that people can test it.

Any constructive observations would be helpful.

where can i get dinopoli detrend osilator and laguirre

Harold4x:

I found laguerre on this thread,

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173022

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173337

here is the Dinapoli Detrend Oscillator

drgoodvibe:
Am I crazy or is there something to this? I've been playing around with meta trader and trying to save space so I usually put one indicator on top of another. However I found that these two might possibly have a relationship.

Take a look at GBPUSD H1 and EURUSD H1 here. I found that if use the Dinapoli Oscillator (in blue) as a leading and the Laguerre (Pink) as a lagging indicator you can figure out the direction of a trade before it happens when they cross.

If you notice that at each red vertical line the two indicators cross, and when they do it shows a shift in the direction of the price. And if you follow the direction of the Dinapoli Oscillator you can generally gauge the direction that the price will go, while Laguerre acts as confirmation. Once LAguerre catches up to the Oscillator the trend has run out of steam and will either hover or reverse.

This technique has not been confirmed, it's as a result of some oberservations i've made over a little bit of time. I'm posting it here so that people can test it.

Any constructive observations would be helpful.

Hi,

What is your conclusion till today, on this method.

Regards,

Malaique

i have observed the correlation between the 2 indicator i'm amazed, how come this crossing between them can predict the future price movement .but it can be maximized by using other indicators to filter and to get the top and bottom of the entry price.in this case, i'm using Trigger Lines.by combining these indicators in larger time frames (4hr and 1 day chart).the result is extremely amazing but still need advice and suggestion from you who have found this correlation, did u combine it with another indicator? how bout the stop loss and the trailing stop.if someone can make an EA for this sistem, it would be so nice.thx a lot

Not sure if this thread is active or not anymore, but what settings were you using for detrend and laguerre in those screenshots?

How do you put two indicators in one window?

Look here for dinapoli indicators: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173337

Good question Catlett - How do we put two indicators in the same place???

That one is easy .. drag the first indicator onto the main chart window and of course it will appear below the chart ... then drag the second indicator on top of the indicator window that you just created, and there you go all done.

Of course the indicators have to be of the type that are set to display in a seperate window not on the chart window.

cant combine screens

I tried and can't seem to get 2 indicators into one screen using mt4.

Anyone having the same problem?

Reason: