Chart Transposition Indicator - page 4

BluePearl:
suggestion: another useful feature would be to put an end time so that way you can see what the redline/zero line would be in the past without future data from that point which would change/reset the zero/red line. maybe have it for current day/time as default.

I like where your head's at =) As it is the redline is not recalculated once the indicator is loaded. I was worried about that when I started the project. I wanted to create a MA of the HST, but I am having problems... anyone else want to take a crack at it?

BluePearl:
thanks for the time input.

the zero line and the red line change depending on how far back you go. that brings up the issue of how far back should you go and still keep track of the current market pulse? if you go too far back the zero/red line might not be breached for quite some time.

i've been playing with H1 and on sundays start the indicator going 2 days back to monitor the action for the upcoming week. this is for EUR/USD and GPB/USD.

Any positive trading results using that method?

Nicholishen:
Any positive trading results using that method?

i'm waiting for the first signal. paper trading not even demoing. right now the indicator is above the red line. waiting for the indicator to cross the line.

BluePearl:
i'm waiting for the first signal. paper trading not even demoing. right now the indicator is above the red line. waiting for the indicator to cross the line.

i think that your MA idea would work better. look at the image i've superimposed a 21 period linear weighted moving average to the indicator.

false breakouts can be taken care of by requesting that once the indicator crosses it's moving average it must travel x points from the value before the cross.

Files:
image.jpg  208 kb

Additional features for the Correlation Indicator

I wanted to know if it would be possible for someone to add standard deviation bands in the indicator that can be adjusted to various standard deviation levels, as shown in the attached chart.

Also if it would be possible add email alerts and sound alerts to the indicator when the indicator hits a standard deviation it would be appreciate.

Thanks,

Excite2

Files:

Correlation Indicator

Love this indicator.

For simplicity's sake, is it possible to jig the indicator to accept a line chart of the two currency pairs instead of candlesticks. At the end of the day... this trading system is all about relative convergence and divergence. Simpler is better.

Basically this appears to be a very safe system to trade since the worst that can happen if you got on the wrong side of the hedge is a long wait until things zeroed out again.

The trick, upon entry is to look for a point of close convergence or far divergence... then enter in the direction of the pair with the most volatility.

I would appreciate any comments on this.

Thank you in advance.

I know this indicator was posted way back in the 2005's. I remember those days... I wish I had started invested wayy back then. But let me just say, this is the raddest indicator ever! I almost had to get a new pair of pants after I figured out how to make it work.

Someone asked ages ago on one of these posts.... "How can we make it work for us?" Look for overall trends in the same direction with a negative correlation. That said... I really don't believe anything will work right now. There's too much artificial influence. I'm sure alot of people are getting rich buying the Yen, but man that's scary as hell to me. It's like shorting the stock market.

Peace! and great job on this add on.

Uhm.

I'm relative new to these kinds of system.

I'm able to plot the indicators. But...

How to trade? How to use these 2 babies?

The trick, upon entry is to look for a point of close convergence or far divergence... then enter in the direction of the pair with the most volatility.

Uhm. What that means?

I've attached a picture from my chart. It's GBPusd plotted with GBPJPY. What should I do? I'm buying GBPJPY. Is that correct?

Regards,

Files:
temp_1.jpg  100 kb

Chart Transposition Indicator(need help)

Hello. This is my first post. Up until now I have been watching and trying to learn and any question has been answered by using the newbies best friend.....the search button. But for some reason even with search and reading the doc. I cannot get the Chart Transposition indicator on any of my charts (using WHC and Forex Ltd.) can anyone talk me through this or is there a readymade template I am unaware of. I have looking for an indicator like this for awhile and this makes it all the more frustrating. I am using version 2. Thanks.

Nevermind

I did not capitilize the the symbol names so they were not recognized. Sorry for this embarrassing thread.

Reason: