My simple 20 pips. - page 16

PipeTrader:
Hello Omelette.

Thanks for all...!

I give a look on the FI you make whit strategy and I remark a verry small bug.

The arrow of sell is not over the right candel. Buy is ok.

And by the way. The alert screen bug me a bit. I try to put sond on but not work like I espere. Cant you helpe me ?

Iam not a programer... Iam verry bad!

For shure it is nothing for you.

I send you what I make whit sonds.

Thanks.

PipeTrader.

Pipetrader, I had a quick look at it yesterday and both Buy and Sell signals seemed OK. Newer posts seem to suggest there is something wrong so I'll have another look. One thing I noticed is that one of the StepMA values - 'Kwatr' - does not use the value you posted. I'll fix that. Please note that values you set in StepMA (if you place it on a chart) are not the values that 'PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1' uses - these are coded in the indicator. People seem to want 'historic' arrows drawn so I'll do that too - all after the US market closes though cos I have to make a living too

Using different sounds is very easy so I'll do that as well when I have a chance....

popok_sakti:
Thank you omellete for the nice indicator .....

popok_sakti, you're welcome. Just helping out where I can........

omelette:
Pipetrader, I had a quick look at it yesterday and both Buy and Sell signals seemed OK. Newer posts seem to suggest there is something wrong so I'll have another look. One thing I noticed is that one of the StepMA values - 'Kwatr' - does not use the value you posted. I'll fix that. Please note that values you set in StepMA (if you place it on a chart) are not the values that 'PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1' uses - these are coded in the indicator. People seem to want 'historic' arrows drawn so I'll do that too - all after the US market closes though cos I have to make a living too Using different sounds is very easy so I'll do that as well when I have a chance....

Fore sure you help a lot of traders.

Thanks, thanks, thanks...

PipeTrader.

Thanks very much Pip Trader

All the very best Tony Hadley

Gold

OK, I found the bug I think (let me know if I'm wrong) and got it to arrow past bars. Again, any problems, let me know....

Forgot to add, you can download from post #127

this is a good question and i am also confused as to why the buy signal was not good. it looked good according to the rules. but we have to consider the news factor. i think it was a good signal but the news killed it. just part of the way forex is.

popok_sakti:
Hi PipTrader,

Thank you for posting a lot of information.

Today, there was 2 signal ( buy and sell ).

I was wondering why for the sell signal, you go straight buying at the open of the second candle without waiting for the second candle to close,

on the other hand, on the first signal (buy signal) you didn't take buy position at the open of the second candle which gives valid signal at that time ( force index is less than -0.03 and step ma also valid ) but when the candle has closed, the force index become invalid.

Thank you

gtketum:
this is a good question and i am also confused as to why the buy signal was not good. it looked good according to the rules. but we have to consider the news factor. i think it was a good signal but the news killed it. just part of the way forex is.

Download an take a look on the omelette's indicator on post #127.

Thanks mr. omelette !

PipeTrader

omelette:
OK, I found the bug I think (let me know if I'm wrong) and got it to arrow past bars. Again, any problems, let me know.... Forgot to add, you can download from post #127

Hmmm, after thinking about it, I am pretty sure the original was correct. In the example Pipetrader posted, at the end of the bar where the Buy arrow, 'Bad Signal' label is, the StepMA will definitely be in Buy territory so the Buy Signal should be valid. The 'bug fix' ws simply to taking StepMA reading one bar back. Anyway, if Pipetrader thinks this is OK I'll leave it as it is.

omelette:
Hmmm, after thinking about it, I am pretty sure the original was correct. In the example Pipetrader posted, at the end of the bar where the Buy arrow, 'Bad Signal' label is, the StepMA will definitely be in Buy territory so the Buy Signal should be valid. The 'bug fix' ws simply to taking StepMA reading one bar back. Anyway, if Pipetrader thinks this is OK I'll leave it as it is.

Yes is ok, when it's arrive in front of you....

I can't explain in English.. Sorry

Take a look on this screen. He can help sombody.

PipTrader

Files:
sug.gif  23 kb

Before Omelette's indicator. I have a frend whit problem to reconize my signal.

I make that for him.

First - Trade all time on the side of the StepMA. Whit the Force Index.

But I put a filter for him.

1 hour StepMA whit the same parameters of 30 minutes.

Take a look on this 2 screens.

This help him a lot...

Yes for sure he lose some small 20 pips but is all times on the good side.

PipeTrader

PS.: it's not verry good but can help you to take a decision.

Files:
stra1.gif  22 kb
stra2.gif  26 kb
Reason: