My simple 20 pips. - page 10

Lot calculation and new ea.

bluto:
For a 200:1 mini account, 1 Lot = $50 equity. 4 Lots = $200 equity. $200 equity = 2% of $10,000, not 40%

It seems to depend on the broker.

FXDD uses .4 for 4 minilots on a mini account with 100:1 leverage. IBFX uses 4 for 4 minilots on a mini account. I do not know about other brokers.

The 40% refers to 4 lots for FXDD as that would mean 4 standard lots.

That would cause problems in many eas that use money management.

The result of the mm would need to modify the value based on the broker.

What a hassle.

Just like the time differences between brokers.

Causes the same kind of problem when trying to filter by trading hours.

BTW there is another bug in the safe version regarding trading hours. If they are used the trade is open and closed only during trading hours unless stoploss or take profit is hit.

When the code was corrected it did not look good for the results.

I moved some of the code into functions to make it a little easier to understand the logic flow.

I will look at blutos next.

Robert

Files:

Bluto PipeBomb EA

When I look at your results it shows one of the major flaws of the backtester. You are opening and closing a large number of trades on the same 1 hr candle because of the Stoploss being hit from the trailing stop.

The large number of trades was a clue that this was happening.

This can often cause a huge dollar win on a single candle.

For whatever reason when I run a backtest on FXDD data I get a steady drop in balance. There are some wins but overall the balance continues to drop. I run the backtest from Aug 16, 2006. I have data from that date onboth demo and live accounts. The results are the same for both.

Robert

fxnewbie:
Hi fantacech !!

Yes, very different results

Anyway, maybe help to duplicate results if you follow instructions writed by Codersguru's to get 90% modelling quality and download 1 M data from the source he recommends.

Hi,

I use instructions writed by Codersguru's to get 90% modelling quality and download 1 M data from the source he recommends.

MQ4 FXDD build 202,

data from http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php

offline import and period convert.

RESULT , identical from previous.

I tested TF H1, GBPUSD PipeBOMB

See picture.

THIS BACKTESTER IS BIG SHIT!

WHAT IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Files:

Next backtest. MIG mq4, now. Data from broker.

Don't panic!!!

Files:
mig.gif  44 kb
pipebomb.mq4  10 kb

frantacech:
Hi,

I use instructions writed by Codersguru's to get 90% modelling quality and download 1 M data from the source he recommends.

MQ4 FXDD build 202,

data from http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php

offline import and period convert.

RESULT , identical from previous.

I tested TF H1, GBPUSD PipeBOMB

See picture.

THIS BACKTESTER IS BIG SHIT!

WHAT IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi frantacech !!

The only difference I see is that you are using a big risk percent (10). I use the default 2%. Also, I think you start with $ 5000 deposit and I start with $ 10000.

No other differences

This thread seems to have gotten hijacked by a strategy that has already a thread of its own!!! How about getting back to the original strategy as posted by Pipetrader???

fxnewbie:
Hi frantacech !!

The only difference I see is that you are using a big risk percent (10). I use the default 2%. Also, I think you start with $ 5000 deposit and I start with $ 10000.

No other differences

Is able to me somebody explain, what use is good this Strategy Tester?

Different people have profoundly different record backtestu behind same period, same EA, of even data and same setting.

Bluto will offer EA with good contango. Couple of people has same result and a lot of second completely opposite. At the same time it none of them does not make for the first time.

Is able to me somebody say wherein is problem, because if this won't function approximately to all in the same way, result backtest won't + - answer forward test, then hasn't no sense something test and show in here some contangos.

Am totally frustrated and I hopethat the me persuadethat the only is this my error!

What is it?!

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=17388

Files:
pic0.jpg  321 kb
pic1.jpg  287 kb
pic2.jpg  299 kb
pic3.jpg  326 kb
pic4.jpg  325 kb

omelette:
This thread seems to have gotten hijacked by a strategy that has already a thread of its own!!! How about getting back to the original strategy as posted by Pipetrader???

Yes, I am sorry. But need correct backtest.

bluto:
Hijacked? That's a pretty stiff word don't you think? You seem to enjoy being a wiseguy.......

Jeez, where is that coming from!!! - and kindly elaborate on this 'wiseguy' thing? My reading is you seem pissed at me cos I posted backtest results that differed from yours... OK, maybe 'hijacked' was harsh but this thread was definitely 'deviating' from a profitable strategy that Pipetrader has been trading live for some time. My final word on the subject........

Reason: