My simple 20 pips. - page 5

Hi I like this system a lot. Nice and easy. I have one problem though I'd like to use it with USDJPY. When I use Force and set level to .03 and -.03 it not working like on with GBPUSD. Those level to close to zero line. I need help with these Force indicator for USDJPY. What do I set it to? Thank.

thank you mikep for your valuable work.I'll test your EA.

tnh_z:
thank you mikep for your valuable work.I'll test your EA.

Did Mikep make an Expert base on my system ???

If yes please post it here.

I interested to test on demo accont !

PipTrader

shibeng:
Hi I like this system a lot. Nice and easy. I have one problem though I'd like to use it with USDJPY. When I use Force and set level to .03 and -.03 it not working like on with GBPUSD. Those level to close to zero line. I need help with these Force indicator for USDJPY. What do I set it to? Thank.

Hello shibeng !

I never trade this system on USD/JPY.

But a friend of me yes...

Try this.

StepMA

PeriodWART 7

KWATR .75

HighLow 0

Calculate bars 500

Alert_on yes

Force Index

Levels at

2 and .95

I send you the template of my friend.

If you can make better let me know.

PipTrader

Files:
usdjpy.tpl  3 kb

PipeTrader:
Did Mikep make an Expert base on my system ???

If yes please post it here.

I interested to test on demo accont !

PipTrader

yes Sir, at page 3 ,post #30.

This EA :

Files:

tnh_z:
yes Sir, at page 3 ,post #30. This EA :

Hi Guys - sorry it's been a crazy day at work and I wasn't able to revise the EA. Based on further info from PipeTrader I need to make modifications (or try to).

From what I know now, I'll change it so that two candles need to have a force greater than 0.03 before a buy is issued and the opposite for a sell.

Also I haven't worked with breakeven concept before so this may not work: this is the part where PipeTrader mentioned that once he hits 20p on non-news days he secures 10p, once hits 30p, exits the trade. For news days, he goes for 20p. If the breakeven seems buggy, I'll just leave the option for a trailing stop and see if that will work...if not hopefully someone can modify it.

Let me see what I can do and I'll post within the next few hours.

Thanks for being patient, I'm not very experienced with coding but just want to try and at least attempt giving a little help after learning so much from this forum...

thanks mikep for your effort.

mikep:
Hi Guys - sorry it's been a crazy day at work and I wasn't able to revise the EA. Based on further info from PipeTrader I need to make modifications (or try to).

From what I know now, I'll change it so that two candles need to have a force greater than 0.03 before a buy is issued and the opposite for a sell.

Also I haven't worked with breakeven concept before so this may not work: this is the part where PipeTrader mentioned that once he hits 20p on non-news days he secures 10p, once hits 30p, exits the trade. For news days, he goes for 20p. If the breakeven seems buggy, I'll just leave the option for a trailing stop and see if that will work...if not hopefully someone can modify it.

Let me see what I can do and I'll post within the next few hours.

Thanks for being patient, I'm not very experienced with coding but just want to try and at least attempt giving a little help after learning so much from this forum...

Thanks Mike !

I never belive some body make an Expert whit my strategy...!

Wow I dont belive it.

Thanks again...

PipTrader

MIKEP I have a question about this quote.

'From what I know now, I'll change it so that two candles need to have a force greater than 0.03 before a buy is issued and the opposite for a sell.'

I was under the impression that only one candle was needed where the force Index exceeded plus or minus .03. After the Force Index exceeded + or - .03 the trade was taken on the open of the next candle.

Did I miss a change, or did I miss read the above quote?

In any case, I want to thank you for stepping up and building the EA.

cthulhu:
MIKEP I have a question about this quote.

'From what I know now, I'll change it so that two candles need to have a force greater than 0.03 before a buy is issued and the opposite for a sell.'

I was under the impression that only one candle was needed where the force Index exceeded plus or minus .03. After the Force Index exceeded + or - .03 the trade was taken on the open of the next candle.

Did I miss a change, or did I miss read the above quote?

In any case, I want to thank you for stepping up and building the EA.

That's what I thought at first until I looked at the pictures in post #32. PipeTrader showed on Feb 6 at 11:00 that the Force was less than 0.03, at 11:30 it was above 0.03 and in the comments he said enter if the next candle is above 0.03 - the only way to determine that is by waiting for the candle to close - this means that 2 consecutive candles must be above 0.03 before taking a long position. The same goes for the explaination at 10:00 on Feb 7 in the same chart. At 10:00 Force was 0.329 - then he mentions to wait for the next candle if it is more than 0.03. Again the second candle would have to close to verify the signal stayed above 0.03.

That's my interpretation on the rules - in the next post I'll spell out exactly what I think the rules are along with an updated EA.

Reason: