My simple 20 pips. - page 15

k3iroll:
Hi popok_sakti,

I'm using North Finance. The values of the Force Index that I'm seeing is approximately the same as PipeTrader (based on the charts that he posted). But the arrows does not come out. I'm not sure what's wrong.

Edited:

Ok guys .... I'just got a signal (arrow) on my chart ... I guess the PipeTrader_Strategy indicator works forward .. but not backwards .... since I can't see any arrows previously .... Am I correct?

Thank you omellete for the nice indicator

Hi k3iroll,

Sorry, I don't know about the indicator that has been created by omelette.

I thought You're asking why its running differenly, which is usually because of the broker data feed

So, I attach the indicator to the window of metatrader backtester ( visual mode ) to test it out.

You're right, It seems that this indicator works forward.

PipeTrader:
Im using FXDD.

You have to play whit the level on the force index... I never try another broker. I trade for 2 years on FXDD.

I check that.

Thanks.

PipTrader.

Hi PipTrader,

Thank you for your reply.

Your information is very helpful, so I can test more using the same broker as yours. Because I notice the force indicator value ibfx is little bit different than fxdd demo. so it may make the EA run differently.

There is my trade on my real accont.

A small 20 pips for this morning.

PipeTrader.

Files:
feb13.gif  15 kb

Bug on the indicator Pipetrader_FI_Strategy.

A bad signal.

Look my screen. I explain why.

PipTrader.

Files:
feb13bad.gif  17 kb

Hi PipTrader,

Thank you for posting a lot of information.

Today, there was 2 signal ( buy and sell ).

I was wondering why for the sell signal, you go straight buying at the open of the second candle without waiting for the second candle to close,

on the other hand, on the first signal (buy signal) you didn't take buy position at the open of the second candle which gives valid signal at that time ( force index is less than -0.03 and step ma also valid ) but when the candle has closed, the force index become invalid.

Thank you

PipeTrader:

A bad signal.

PipTrader.

PipeTrader:

A bad signal.

PipTrader.

I took a long here .... hit my SL .... I guess I should give more attention to the StepMA side. At that moment the StepMA lines were so closed together and I assumed that the StepMA signal line had crossed up, but actually when I zoomed in ... it was actually at the downside. My bad .. Thanks for the explanation PipeTrader.

By the way PipeTrader .. you are using StepMA with a setting below right?

PeriodWATR: 7

Kwatr: 1

PipeTrader,

I do not understand why there was not a buy signal 4 bars back from your sell signal.

At the end of the long up candle the StepMA was indicating a buy (yellow line above the blue line). The Force Index was above .03. Based upon those two indicators I would have expected to go long on the open of the next candle. Why was it not correct to take the open of the long bear candle three bars back from your buy trigger candle?

You have a note on the buy trigger candle that it is a bad signal. Why?

Thankss for your help.

k3iroll:
I took a long here .... hit my SL .... I guess I should give more attention to the StepMA side. At that moment the StepMA lines were so closed together and I assumed that the StepMA signal line had crossed up, but actually when I zoomed in ... it was actually at the downside. My bad .. Thanks for the explanation PipeTrader.

By the way PipeTrader .. you are using StepMA with a setting below right?

That's for why is a bad signal... You understand...!

I am verry sorry I what to explain more but I don't speak English.

I am verry sorry Im stock whit my language...

For the StepMA you are ok whit your setting.

PipTrader

Simple good entry...

Take the Expert of MIKEP - PipeTrader20p for the entry.

Immediatly after he take a trade stop the Expert Advisor and manage your trade... Move your TP or SL etc... Check the news.

That Expert reflect my style of trading.

PipTrader.

k3iroll:
Hi omelette, May I know what is the difference between Force Index_v1 and PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1 ?

Hi k3iroll. 'Force Index_v1' is basically FI as built into MT but with alerts and some level lines. I thought it was better to rename the new version (PipeTrader_FI_Strategy_v1) as it uses both FI and StepMA and has entry and exit logic built in - FI on its own has none of these things.