XO_Method REVISED - page 23

You need this in your experts/indicators folder.

Put it there, and re-load the MTF version. Should be OK.

Files:

or maybe..................

Maybe you do not have the original DoublecciWoody in your Custom Indicator list??

Let us know, plse.

Files:

thanks ssotiro and ValeoFX

I didn't realize the MTF required the other indicator; that's happened before

with other indicators I've tried, I'll have to see if I can find them and look for

the 'child' -- or is it 'parent' indicator and get them working

Files:
woodie_1.gif  16 kb

Confirmation on Entry

Just wondering if someone can confirm that this is an incorrect entry because the 2nd bar is opposite of the current trend. Does the open on the entry bar have to be less than the close of the previous bar? Or if it opened higher would you sell after it was lower than the close of the previous bar? Is everything else okay for an entry? I'm also wondering what the significance of the blue arrow is on the current bar?

Thanks

Files:
gbp.bmp  591 kb

After some more thought I think I may have answered my own question. The blue arrow seems to only be on the current bar. Still haven't figured out exactly why yet.

In the previous post, it seems that price couldn't make it through the EMA100, and bounced off.

Tredd..........

I cannot see the Blue Arrow you are referring to??

Secondly, the 100-EMA is the DIRECTION. So in this instance, one can expect the price to either bounce off the 100-ema just to come back at it the second time OR the price can retrace in its entirety.

I usually wait for the 100-ema to be broken in such a situation. Everything else seems in order other than the Stochastic which is still LONG???? Note the red Arrow on the Sto?? When that candle spiked down, the Sto crossed short briefly and the Arrow was anchored. That is why I suggest we wait for the close of the current candle and in this instance the Sto remianed LONG. No entry therefore.

The only other question I still have is for how long was this TF running, please? According to my XO-setup, the signal was not short yet. If you had openend this chart say yesterday, you may have the incorrect signals regarding the XO. Please let me know.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX - Regarding your comment above, if my PC power goes down approximately how long must I wait before my XO family indicators show correctly.

Best regards,

Joe SDF

ValeoFX:
I cannot see the Blue Arrow you are referring to??

Secondly, the 100-EMA is the DIRECTION. So in this instance, one can expect the price to either bounce off the 100-ema just to come back at it the second time OR the price can retrace in its entirety.

I usually wait for the 100-ema to be broken in such a situation. Everything else seems in order other than the Stochastic which is still LONG???? Note the red Arrow on the Sto?? When that candle spiked down, the Sto crossed short briefly and the Arrow was anchored. That is why I suggest we wait for the close of the current candle and in this instance the Sto remianed LONG. No entry therefore.

The only other question I still have is for how long was this TF running, please? According to my XO-setup, the signal was not short yet. If you had openend this chart say yesterday, you may have the incorrect signals regarding the XO. Please let me know.

Best wishes.

The blue arrow is under the current candle.

The chart was open for probably 3 hours. The one thing that I noticed which is kinda wierd, is that if I open up a chart, the XO's will be totally incorrect. If I reapply the template then they will fix themselves, and be correct. How long do the charts have to be open for it to calculate correctly? Why would opening the chart yesterday have any effect on the current readings?

Thanks

Tim

Joe SDF:
ValeoFX - Regarding your comment above, if my PC power goes down approximately how long must I wait before my XO family indicators show correctly.

Best regards,

Joe SDF

Hi Joe,

As long as you do not change the TF of your chart, your charts will remain perfect. The only problem comes when you close the MT4 and re-open it again or if you flip between TFs.

Even if you have a power break of 4 hours, as soon as the power comes back on again, the charts update correctly.

Hope this helps. Best wishes.

tredd:
The blue arrow is under the current candle.

The chart was open for probably 3 hours. The one thing that I noticed which is kinda wierd, is that if I open up a chart, the XO's will be totally incorrect. If I reapply the template then they will fix themselves, and be correct. How long do the charts have to be open for it to calculate correctly? Why would opening the chart yesterday have any effect on the current readings?

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

Let's say that you close your MT4 completely on Friday night and restart again on Monday. When you open the charts, you obviously use the Template to call up what you saved on Friday. As the charts start running, they give you correct readings immediately and for you to see whether the trade is on or not, does not take any significant amount of time at all. The reason being that the indicators are that good that they will give you the correct reading "in the now".

If you open the chart yesterday then everything is in the "now" when you get there the next day - mine runs 24/7 except when we have power outages and that messes my research some time. However, it is also good so that I can see whether my basic indicator that I am researching is good enough even when I have to restart.

Because we use MTF version(s) of indicators, by either switching between TFs or closing and re-opening a chart, will naturally give you the reading of the closed candle on the higher TF.

Trust this meets with your approval.

Best wishes.

Reason: