Davidke20 VS yeoeleven - Friendly match - page 5

Real or Demo account?

Hi,

Are the trade confirmations from various brokerage firms you attached for veiwing, from the real accounts or from the demo accounts?

Understand price feeds as well as fills differ between demo and real, with the former fed/responded from demo server while the latter from the responses from floor, per a certain UK broker's forum using MT4 platform.

This UK broker claims the fill time is a few seconds with demo but 5 to 15 seconds with real accounts. Your brokers as I see from the trade confirmation are all from US. Do you see such lags with real accounts and would that affect your EA in any way?

Am considering trading with MT4 and eventually with EA, hence these questions.

Thanks in advance for your response.

tennis6060:
Hi,

Are the trade confirmations from various brokerage firms you attached for veiwing, from the real accounts or from the demo accounts?

Understand price feeds as well as fills differ between demo and real, with the former fed/responded from demo server while the latter from the responses from floor, per a certain UK broker's forum using MT4 platform.

This UK broker claims the fill time is a few seconds with demo but 5 to 15 seconds with real accounts. Your brokers as I see from the trade confirmation are all from US. Do you see such lags with real accounts and would that affect your EA in any way?

Am considering trading with MT4 and eventually with EA, hence these questions.

Thanks in advance for your response.

This thread temporary running on DEMO only, all the material over here is refer to demo. We're doing demo because we're not confidence whether if it will blow the account. Meanwhile, my EA is still on tuning stage, therefor, its still not suitable to run it on live account. Yeoeleven's version is having headache, after running several weeks, it will become a disaster and self destruct. Therefor we compare our EA here to find out whose is better, then we'll decide which 1 to start testing with live account. Yeoeleven's 10point3 is available at 10point3.mq4 thread page 18, refer turoro's post to get them, mine is available at my office's file server. For more information, please refer to https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176095 hope this help. TeamGeo, the settings you want can be done on the heding 10point3 as well, make yourself comfortable with it. I'm temporary unable to touch too much robot for some reason.

Regards,

David

Will keep watching ...

davidke20:
This thread temporary running on DEMO only, all the material over here is refer to demo. We're doing demo because we're not confidence whether if it will blow the account. Meanwhile, my EA is still on tuning stage, therefor, its still not suitable to run it on live account. Yeoeleven's version is having headache, after running several weeks, it will become a disaster and self destruct. Therefor we compare our EA here to find out whose is better, then we'll decide which 1 to start testing with live account. Yeoeleven's 10point3 is available at 10point3.mq4 thread page 18, refer turoro's post to get them, mine is available at my office's file server. For more information, please refer to https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176095 hope this help. TeamGeo, the settings you want can be done on the heding 10point3 as well, make yourself comfortable with it. I'm temporary unable to touch too much robot for some reason.

Regards,

David

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I will keep watching the progress. Good luck!

BTW, I have MT4 demo accounts and last year up to early December I used to get trade confirmation emails but none since. Do u know why? Do you still get the trade confirmation email from your brokers? Am curious. Txs again.

tennis6060:

Many thanks for your prompt reply. I will keep watching the progress. Good luck!

BTW, I have MT4 demo accounts and last year up to early December I used to get trade confirmation emails but none since. Do u know why? Do you still get the trade confirmation email from your brokers? Am curious. Txs again.

Demo account they dont send confirmation at all. But for the live account, I receive those junk...bulk of them because I have multiple accounts. Meanwhile, its 2 slow trading day, 10point3 doesn't close much trade. I drop by and post a chart, see how crazy that little monster is.

Files:
comp_2.gif  37 kb

davidke20:
Demo account they dont send confirmation at all. But for the live account, I receive those junk...bulk of them because I have multiple accounts. Meanwhile, its 2 slow trading day, 10point3 doesn't close much trade. I drop by and post a chart, see how crazy that little monster is.

Since I have started forward testing, your NF demo account has opened and closed 2 trades, but my account with the 10point3 Hedge EA's that you posted has not placed any trades. Are the EA's that you have posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176095 the same as the ones you are testing on this account? Thank you for your reply.

aegis:
Since I have started forward testing, your NF demo account has opened and closed 2 trades, but my account with the 10point3 Hedge EA's that you posted has not placed any trades. Are the EA's that you have posted here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176095 the same as the ones you are testing on this account? Thank you for your reply.

This is a totally different EA that I use on the hedge. Can you please post a screenshot on that thread? Besides, do you put the OnlyLong/OnlyShort on both charts? Can you please check whether the ExpertAdvisor tab is on "play" mode? The smiley is smilling or in bad mood? Or its a cross sign besides the EA name? I have no problem after the 1st compiling, and everything just work in order, everything is fine. Please check everything is in proper setup. Good trading

Regards,

David

Since there is position closed, I post the update here again.

Files:
comp_3.gif  5 kb
comp_2.htm  56 kb

Update

Well I must say that I expected the MaxTrades5 to be hit some time but hoped that it would have been after the comp was finished.

After the hit there has been no closed trades but because the EA had made more profit than the MaxTrades loss I am still in the comp.

John

Files:

Competition

Well after another MaxTrades5 hit the Dynamic Stop it appears that whilst I may have won our comp the results only show how dangerous these martingale EAs really are.

After being $25000 in profit I lost $14000 in the first MaxTrades hit then recovered slightly and got hit again dropping the profit down to $2100. Of course using MM has escalated that risk.

Using an agreed hands off approach has led to trading over all the news announcements and whilst 95% may help this type of EA there are a few that should be avoided and todays results will endorse that.

John

Files:

i lose the match

Competition ended here. better prepare the happy meal to grandpa . LOL. The reason I'm lossing...I forgotton to change the limitation of trading date and time because we used to agree to end the match during end of the month. And I totally forgotton and letting it run by itself without closing the trades. LOL ...Too bad...

edited: trade already escalated, but the security function is followed by the settings kicked out from the EA at the sametime.

Files:
madness.gif  5 kb
madness.htm  59 kb
Reason: