Davidke20 VS yeoeleven - Friendly match - page 9

Update

I suppose it had to happen a large loss has occurred I was long with USDCAD when the pair lost momentum.

This is a mystery to me because all the other trades after going into loss were closed off by the EA this time it did not happen and I was not allowed to close it manually. (Comp Rules)

The point of our competition is to analyze the results and create a better more successful EA, one that doesn't progress as does the martingale type of EAs.

John

Files:

Final comp result

I have posted my final comp result and included is the manually closed off last open position.

Nothing to write home about it seems that our comp was won by the smallest loss rather than the largest profit.

Congratulations David and I hope that the results have acted as a springboard for a super stochastic EA.

We have had a 10p3 and a stochastic comp so we will have to decide on our next friendly competition. Any challenges? Any suggestions?

John

Files:

OK. Since we're currently developing 10p3v004, I'm hoping to take this thread up again. This is not a challenge nor competition. We'll be using the same EA, but regularly change settings for each pair the system trading on. Along the way if we find any pair get stucked in the progression too often, we'll be changing the settings for that particular pair according to the trading range and certain criteria, and hope it will perform better next time. What do you think John?

Regards

David

Since the competition is over, so I started to invent new system on the EA. It seemed ***** me a lot. Take a look at both Competition statement and the 200k statement. I've tried to include with stop loss strategy, seems doesn't work. It closes off trades immediately during the next price movement , anyway, the original version running on 30k demo account still going strong... shooting pips like terrorist attack!!!

Regards

David

1 month due... who wants a piece of me?!

Regards

David

Testing

davidke20:
OK. Since we're currently developing 10p3v004, I'm hoping to take this thread up again. This is not a challenge nor competition. We'll be using the same EA, but regularly change settings for each pair the system trading on. Along the way if we find any pair get stucked in the progression too often, we'll be changing the settings for that particular pair according to the trading range and certain criteria, and hope it will perform better next time. What do you think John?

Regards

David

If I remember from 12 months ago we both lost but I lost less and so won

Yes let's do it again,

John

Great. Let the friendly match begin. Here is some findings that I got for last week's trading. I started a 250 dollars demo account on IBFX, and it brought the equity up to 322 before it blew up. Total lifespan is 3 days. It got screwed up by the AUDUSD that the dollar suddenly gain strength, the EA wasn't able to bail. Below attached the old statement for your reference.

Also started a new demo account with balance of 100 dollars. Temporary we still doesn't have enough data/information for our future reference, so I've changed all the trading time frame back to 1 hour instead of M15. Soon we'll find out more about other currency pair's trading range, then we'll be able to optimize them with different settings to suit different currency pair. Shalom.

Regards

David

Files:
v004.gif  6 kb
v004.htm  115 kb

Competition

OK David,

my account also blew up at the same time as yours with the same progression but the main reason was that the account had insufficient funds to make the next progression and eventually crashed.

Immediately after I opened another account IBFX Micro for $300 and the result is posted here. All pairs using the M15 TF using .01 micro lots = 1c pip.

Let the games commence,

John

Files:
audusd.gif  48 kb
0.041.htm  72 kb
0.041.gif  5 kb

v004 proved to be more profitable, and also tripled the risk of your margin with the current standard setup of v0.03. It brought up the account 52% within 4 days of trading. From 100 dollars up to 152 bucks in few days. Unexpectedly, account blew up twice in a week!!! We shall stand down for the moment. Will need to put it on backtest and find a suitable settings for certain currency pair in order to trade safely. It is such a waste of time that we continue blow up accounts without a proper findings in the end.

Regards

David

Files:
004blow.gif  5 kb
004blow.htm  71 kb
v004.gif  5 kb
v004.htm  65 kb

I win

Reason: