Cannot direct a rented EA onto a platform of my choice

Dear Sirs,

I rented an EA for a 3 month period expiring Jan 9th, 2021.
I ran it on a live account as the developer is an excellent coder and trustworthy, proven when he is trying to help me to resolve my issue.

After the first 3 weeks, I decided to take the EA onto a DEMO platform and this is where the problem comes in. Attached please find a screenshot of the position in which the EA (<Deleted>) is sitting together with another EA I rented.

The first EA has a TAB from where I can download the EA, but in the case of <Deleted> , no such Tab is available. Only option is for me to Buy another extension, which is obviously not what I want to do.

I log into MQL5 community through the platform and then go to PURCHASES and there these 2 EAs are.
All I want you to do is to help me download a copy which I can run on my DEMO account. I have been trying for the last 3 weeks to get this done without any success.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Hercs.

Hercs van Wyk:

Dear Sirs,

I rented an EA for a 3 month period expiring Jan 9th, 2021.
I ran it on a live account as the developer is an excellent coder and trustworthy, proven when he is trying to help me to resolve my issue.

After the first 3 weeks, I decided to take the EA onto a DEMO platform and this is where the problem comes in. Attached please find a screenshot of the position in which the EA ( <Deleted> ) is sitting together with another EA I rented.

The first EA has a TAB from where I can download the EA, but in the case of <Deleted> , no such Tab is available. Only option is for me to Buy another extension, which is obviously not what I want to do.

I log into MQL5 community through the platform and then go to PURCHASES and there these 2 EAs are.
All I want you to do is to help me download a copy which I can run on my DEMO account. I have been trying for the last 3 weeks to get this done without any success.

Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Hercs.

Your MQL5 purchases are not bound to some trading account, but to your MQL5 account.

If your demo and real trading accounts are both on the same MT4/5 terminal, then your EA has been installed and available for both.

Make sure you are logged into your MQL5 account with your valeofx login and NOT with your email.

I am not sure that I understand about what you mean ...
But if you filled Community tab with your forum login ( not by your email) and forum password so everything should be fine (your forum login is valeofx).

.. I decided to take the EA onto a DEMO platform ...

• if demo platform is the other Metatrader (MT4?) but inside same computer with real platform (the other MT4) so you can simple copy this EA from the Market folder of one metatrader to the market folder of an other Metatrader (because activation is per computer).
  • if demo account is just a trading account within same Metatrader so as I understand - you already installed it on Metatrader and you can use it irrespective of which trading account you have (because activation is not per trading account).

Eleni Anna Branou:

Your MQL5 purchases are not bound to some trading account, but to your MQL5 account.

If your demo and real trading accounts are both on the same MT4/5 terminal, then your EA has been installed and available for both.

Make sure you are logged into your MQL5 account with your valeofx login and NOT with your email.

Hi, Eleni,

Thank you for your reply which I really appreciate very much.

I am indeed logged in with my ValeoFx account and not my e-mail account.
Also, I have tried to copy the EA from my live account into the demo account, but that was blocked.
I will go through the entire process again now that I have the two of you willing to assist and for which I am grateful beyond belief.

Continues success to you.

Hercs van Wyk:

Hi, Eleni,

Thank you for your reply which I really appreciate very much.

I am indeed logged in with my ValeoFx account and not my e-mail account.
Also, I have tried to copy the EA from my live account into the demo account, but that was blocked.
I will go through the entire process again now that I have the two of you willing to assist and for which I am grateful beyond belief.

Continues success to you.

The rented EA is not related to any account (you can use is on any account). It is nothing to do with any trading accounts.
And the installation of the EA is per Metatrader (irrespective of how many and which trading accounts you had you will have on your Metatrader instance).

Sergey Golubev:

I am not sure that I understand about what you mean ...
But if you filled Community tab with your forum login ( not by your email) and forum password so everything should be fine (your forum login is valeofx).

• if demo platform is the other Metatrader (MT4?) but inside same computer with real platform (the other MT4) so you can simple copy this EA from the Market folder of one metatrader to the market folder of an other Metatrader (because activation is per computer).
  • if demo account is just a trading account within same Metatrader so as I understand - you already installed it on Metatrader and you can use it irrespective of which trading account you have (because activation is not per trading account).

Good morning, Sergey,
Thank you for your welcome reply.
I have in fact used my valeofx login and it was accepted by the platform.
Secondly, I tried copying the EA from my live account into my demo account with the same platform (AXITRADER), but it was blocked.
On second thoughts, I just realised that I copied it into my EA Folder and NOT the Market Folder of the DEMO platform and will rectify that immediately and report back to you.

My understanding is also that it could be used on the same computer, but in this case not.

I will go through these steps again this morning and get back to you.

Best wishes and continued success to you.
Hercs.

Hercs van Wyk:

Secondly, I tried copying the EA from my live account into my demo account with the same platform (AXITRADER), but it was blocked.
On second thoughts, I just realised that I copied it into my EA Folder and NOT the Market Folder of the DEMO platform and will rectify that immediately and report back to you.

• "same platform" means: some MT4 platform but different installation (different MT4 instances)?
    from one MT4 to the other MT4?
    if yes so you can simple copy this EA from Market folder of one Metatrader to the Market folder of the other metatrader (just copy whole the folder from/to).

• if "same platform" means: same MT4 platform and same MT4 instance (you just changed the account within same MT4 instance) so you already installed EA as I understand (because EA is not related to the trading accounts, and any installation is made per Metatrader instance, and trading accounts have nothing to do with it).

Hercs van Wyk:

Good morning, Sergey,
Thank you for your welcome reply.

My understanding is also that it could be used on the same computer, but in this case not.

I will go through these steps again this morning and get back to you.

Best wishes and continued success to you.
Hercs.

Hi Sergey & Eleni,

I am delighted to report that the EA downloaded successfully and is running.

My sincerest thanks to you both.

Best wishes.
Hercs

Reason: