High Potential Hedging EA, EURUSD vs USDCHF - page 7

what is the Maximal Equity Drawdown ?

arui:
I am using IBFX demo. Whenever I restart the terminal, Dreamteam.ex4 and Teamdream.ex4 are deleted from expert folder.

anybody has this problem?

Thanks.

this should not be happen

abrs70, thanks for this interesting EA

Guys, I am not exactly sure how to trade this system, I downloaded both Dreamteam and Teamdream, and attach Dreamteam on both EURUSD and USDCHF charts and set it on LONG only, and I attached Teamdream on both EURUSD and USDCHF, is this the correct way of trading it?

Thanks in advance

Guys check this out, if you are interested in this EA, read this thread...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175905

Guys check this out, if you are interested in this EA, read the following thread...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175905

kaypee:
Guys check this out, if you are interested in this EA, read the following thread... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175905

thanks for this input....one has to understand how martingale works....

Initial Stop Functionality

abrs70 - can you explain how the Initial Stop works? I've set it at 25 with a trailing stop of 20. So I'd expect an order to have an initial stop 25 pips away and for that to change if the trade moves in my favor.

However it seems that this isn't happening - in fact groups of orders with different entry prices have the same SL...kinda wierd from what I think is supposed to happen.

I've attached a screen shot showing a sample of open trades...

Thanks in advance.

Files:

abrs70:
this should not be happen

I know the reason now, because I am still using the old build of MT.

Start testing now.

Thanks.

mikep:
abrs70 - can you explain how the Initial Stop works? I've set it at 25 with a trailing stop of 20. So I'd expect an order to have an initial stop 25 pips away and for that to change if the trade moves in my favor.

However it seems that this isn't happening - in fact groups of orders with different entry prices have the same SL...kinda wierd from what I think is supposed to happen.

I've attached a screen shot showing a sample of open trades...

Thanks in advance.

I fully agree with your discovery, it seems like the stoporder function is not using external value, hence there is internal function that determines the stoporder value, resulting in different lots having different stop loss. This is scary when the lots value is 50 times the initial lots specified . However, my test so far shows very good results. My R.O.I in 1.5 days is more than 5%. I will post my results before the market closes on Friday.

I also have an idea that may reduce the risk caused by escalating lots ; I will discuss it next week after studying this week's statement.

Happy trading

abrs70,

A question.why you name this EA "hedging EA" ?

Hedging on EURUSD vs USDCHF means we open the same position on each of them." buy eur + buy chf " OR "sell eur + sell chf ". But your EA opens two opposite positions on eur&chf .this make risk double and is not hedge!!!

Reason: