can ea manage opened order?

please i like to know what will happen if i open an order manually,with take profit, stop loss,and trailing stop, and i decide to attach an ea that has the same instruction to the chart after opening the trade,will the ea continue to manage the opened trade or ignore it and open its own.thanks in advance.

It depends on the algorithm inside your expert. If it is not instructed to check for any open orders, it will open a new one regardless of what orders you opened manually.

Some thoughts,

1. IF you have EA source code, consider using Terminal Global Variables. Put a number in the comment field when manually open order and then F3 brings up Global Variables window where you can Add a global variable (if not already there) with a name which the EA will looking for (or polling). Give the variable the numeric value of the text number you put into comment field. The EA will obtain the value from the Global Variable and use in pattern match with text in all market orders and when match made, starts managing it.

2. use the comment field to hold some text which the EA always looks for. If it finds it, starts managing it.

3. only ever have one Client Terminal market order. Run EA and it can map this order and start managing it.

4. have many market orders and EA can map them all and manage all of them

5. ...

in the end, as janklimo said - EA just does it's thing, yes? If you wanna alter what it does, you must have source code access or write own EA...

hth

Reason: