High Potential Hedging EA, EURUSD vs USDCHF - page 11

tnh_z:
I told the same before.

i quit from this website...bye bye

abrs70:

Abrs70 - I'm a little surprised at your level of sensitivity. You have to understand that by not providing the source code and next to no detailed workings/strategy of the EA you have comprimised some level of trust. It's best if you offer both, but at the very least you need to provide one of the two elements (alternatively if this EA was originally destined for the Commercial Section, it would have been best to start this thread there).

Anyway, I'd recommend that you respond to the posts asking for additional information about your EA to provide clarification (and/or post the code) rather than responding to a few quips.

abrs70:

C'ya.

Next time if you come back dont be a girly man and bring your code for us to look at.

abrs70:

Sir, none of us want to disturb you. we only said our ideas and ask our questions. please be patient.

mikep:
Guys - I'm neither defending nor accusing abrs70, but I would imagine there should be different results between different testers - there are platform build version differences, broker differences, as well demo vs live feed differences.

Yep... These MT4 testing anomalies are well documented here on this board, with a number of different EAs, and are well documented elsewhere. Historical data from different sources with different price quotes, various brokers handling Sunday bars differently producing dramatic differences in outcomes, history files becoming a corrupted mix of different data sources, some downloadable historical data is generic instead of your brokers data, errors caused by backtesting models, holes in the downloadable history data, different start dates and times producing different trading sequences, different EA settings producing significantly different results in a given time period, different broker handling of lotscales and account-type (ie., FXDD and IBFX), etc. etc. All of this stuff has been reported by users at various times.

These Dreamteam posts describing different results are like deja vu all over again.

Here's a little fun reading: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175979 It's the first link that popped into my head. There are many threads describing various aspects of this problem. (These problems...)

After absorbing the fix for the data problem described in the you-know-what-i-love thread, you can contemplate the idea that the solution given in the thread is great, IF you are trading on Alpari data. Otherwise, your next step is to figure out if your broker handles Sunday bars the same way as Alpari, if they quote the same prices from minute to minute, etc. On and on it goes...

After that you can check out the Phoenix thread and see the effect of different start times...

Hmmm... at the bottom of this page we have this link: "USDCHF corrupted data from neuimex" https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174965

While it's reasonable to expect and assume accuracy and uniform results from MetaTrader, that ain't necessarily what you're gonna get.

Yoda_Glenn:
I'm placing these EAs in my expert folder....but they're not showing up in my Expert Advisor tree. What gives?

They should once you restart your MT4 terminal.

GK

I'm placing these EAs in my expert folder....but they're not showing up in my Expert Advisor tree. What gives? Have these two hedging EAs expired?

gkozlyk:
They should once you restart your MT4 terminal. GK

Ahh, my mistake...I was using the wrong demo folder, oops.

Here is my results so far this month for this EA. Seems to work good but requires ALOT of capital if there is some major moves in the Eur or Chf or both.

I wouldn't recommend running this EA unless you had at least 50,000 times as much capital in your account as your initial lot size, otherwise you will run a good chance of margin calling.

GK

One could always reduce MaxTrades, couldn't they? Also, I think all of these EAs should either be left out of the market during big news releases, or they should be monitored extremely closely during them.

Reason: