Divergence Indicators - page 25

makototokyo:
I came up with a good strategy with RSX divergence indicator and MA angle. but it needs help to improve. I'd like to post it somewhere but not sure where. should I start a thread on this website and post a link here so people who are interested in divergence strategy can help?

Hi Makototokyo, probably in this section here: Ideas and Suggestions would be good.

mladen:
That indicator uses centered TMA - and since centered TMA recalculates/repaints it will render any divergence useless.

Hi Mladen,

Thanks for your reply and agree that divergence is pretty useless when there is repainting. However, there is an input within this indicator called "ignore Future" which, based on my understanding, removes the repainting attribute i.e. it's intended to remove the centering aspect.

I use the indicator without the repainting so highlighting divergence would be very useful.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist.

Thanks

SYKEMAKAVELI:
Hi Mladen,

Thanks for your reply and agree that divergence is pretty useless when there is repainting. However, there is an input within this indicator called "ignore Future" which, based on my understanding, removes the repainting attribute i.e. it's intended to remove the centering aspect.

I use the indicator without the repainting so highlighting divergence would be very useful.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could assist.

Thanks

SYKEMAKAVELI

As far as I see, even when ignore future is set to true, it is too rough to be made to detect divergences (divergence detection needs a clear mode to detect extremes, that indicator has too much "rough edges" that would prevent it from clear extremes detection - there would be too much bars that it would identify as an extreme, and that is hardly what would help in any trading)

Hi.

Is there any AO by willams divergence indicator?

Search engine gave me that result here.

Somewhere I read MACD and AO should be the best divergence indicators. I can't absolutely confirm that. Do I something wrong? SMI and Wildhog work for me excellent.

So how about this one, Krelian99 ?

This is for me one of the best. I'm making a new template for H1, to trade BO with it. So I'm testing this baby, I know you will get crazy with the colors and the thick lines , but you can test it your self and take some other colors.

I think with this one there is divergence enough... and it's all DSS Bressert you see... never repaints when bar is closed.

krelian99:
Search engine gave me that result here. Somewhere I read MACD and AO should be the best divergence indicators. I can't absolutely confirm that. Do I something wrong? SMI and Wildhog work for me excellent.

Thanks.

I do enjoy red and green histogram, so if there isnt any original AO with divergence i will draw them manually

You are welcome, that's what this forum is for, not only to discuss the colors ...disco colors Wanna dance ?

You will never see my template when it's ready, otherwise you will probably get into a mental institution.

Of course I would be crazy to only use the DSS, I'm a bit crazy yes, but not totally.

NWFstudent, the indi from the link above doesn't recognize all divs, so I took the rsx indi from mladen, switched AO with rsx and the result is much much better now. This way you can offer it. ao_nrp_reg_histo_mtfdivergence_nmc.mq4

Wulong, the neon lines reminds me actually on my old disco times and all these club anthems. Nevertheless, nice indi and thx a lot.

krelian99:
NWFstudent, the indi from the link above doesn't recognize all divs, so I took the rsx indi from mladen, switched AO with rsx and the result is much much better now. This way you can offer it. ao_nrp_reg_histo_mtfdivergence_nmc.mq4 Wulong, the neon lines reminds me actually on my old disco times and all these club anthems. Nevertheless, nice indi and thx a lot.

Thanks.

This indicator can raise my confidence a tick or two, and also provoide a few extra opportunities in the market

Can I ask how you take advantage of the mtf function?

I am using mtf myself sometimes but I find that it clutter chart to much and often makes confusion.

Thanks alot for the great indi

Reason: