Divergence Indicators - page 29

Hi Krelian99,

It is a good indicator but still does not get all the signals correct.

TEAMTRADER

Files:
gbpusdm20.png  39 kb

It doesn't compare 3 or 4 last highs (but it could

To your question, the new low or up turning point is a bit earlier and then the price falls again shortly, then it seems not to be cofirmed. What is your pip range? But there are even more unfound divs.

Hmm, I have made kaputt the forum? Don't want my pic, and it ain't even age-restricted

Files:
gbpusdm20_1.png  39 kb

krelian99:
Hmm, I have made kaputt the forum? Don't want my pic, and it ain't even age-restricted

It happens sometimes ...

No kapput :):)

krelian99:
It doesn't compare 3 or 4 last highs (but it could

To your question, the new low or up turning point is a bit earlier and then the price falls again shortly, then it seems not to be cofirmed. What is your pip range? But there are even more unfound divs.

The Renkorange is 10 - your point about the turning point being a bit early is sound but if it could be made to show all divergence then this indicator can be made very useful because the false signals are easily recognised - and they have a major advantage of showing exits, not a change in direction as divergence is normally used.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER:
The Renkorange is 10 - your point about the turning point being a bit early is sound but if it could be made to show all divergence then this indicator can be made very useful because the false signals are easily recognised - and they have a major advantage of showing exits, not a change in direction as divergence is normally used.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Teamtrader maybe check this one out, from what I can tell the one you posted is getting it's last peaks and troughs from both the stochastic and the signal, when it should only be getting it from only stochastic. Besides the divergence alerts this one also alerts on stoch and signal cross.

Again, I appreciate the indicator and will check it live this coming week.

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

mrtools:
Teamtrader maybe check this one out, from what I can tell the one you posted is getting it's last peaks and troughs from both the stochastic and the signal, when it should only be getting it from only stochastic. Besides the divergence alerts this one also alerts on stoch and signal cross.

Many Thanks also from me, mrtools.

Oha, I tried also SMI and Wildhog to renko but they celebrate a heavy divergence and slope change party as if there were no tomorrow.

TEAMTRADER, have you tried MACD divergences on renko? Those looks very nice to me.

Thanks - it does get more correct divergence signals than the other.

TEAMTRADER

tofazzle:
Hello jetro1971,

why dont you do on thing .you want to get value for Bar[1].so instead of changing Ea code ,chage the code for indicator

instead of for(i=limit; i>=0; i--) for loop for barcount, use for(i=limit; i>0; i--) .that way the indicator will only count closed bar.I am also trying to devolope an EA using divergent.But it seems divergent need to confermed by a second filter,SMA,fibo,Support,trendline etc.I also like one idea first get confermation of divergence on higher timeframe say H4,then wait for same type of divergent(Bullish hidden etc) in shorter timeframe 30M.Do you have any ideas on that. {

Hello tofazzle,

The indicator itself working well. My only issue is to call it from EA.

There are 5 buffers in the indicator, when I try to call it from EA I can get Wildhog[] and slope[] inline with indicator values however when there is a divergence occurs in the indicator, I cannot observe any meaningful change in the whda,whdb,bullishDivergence or bearishDivergence buffers.

double Wildhog[];

double whda[];

double whdb[];

double bullishDivergence[];

double bearishDivergence[];

double slope[];

Have you (or anybody) succeeded to get the right values when divergence occurs?

Regarding additional filters, yes of course it would require some other filters but my aim is to use a part of my EA. My experience is that this kind of indicator must be confirmed by price-action and my EA is already doing that. Hope this helps.

Reason: