Divergence Indicators - page 10

Any Indicator to find Pullbacks.

Hi,

I've been trying to write and find an indicator that would show me pullbacks along a trend.

I coded the 20SMA Dips and the Inner Bollinger Bands Dips, but since they occure so frequently, I see more indicators on the chart than bars. So I gave up that idea.

Then, I moved on to the Stochastic Cross. The problem here is, which setting to use. 5,3,3 standard setting is cluttering up my charts since there are too many crosses (mostly false).

Can anyone suggest another idea for finding Pullbacks? Of course I see them visually, the idea is to code it. So it has to be an existing indicator, or an idea that I can code.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

JForex

biddick:
İs it possible to code Divergence indicator in multi time frame?I am not asking anyone to code it ,I am only asking if it is possible in coding?

Anything is possible if you know how

JForex78:
Hi,

I've been trying to write and find an indicator that would show me pullbacks along a trend.

I coded the 20SMA Dips and the Inner Bollinger Bands Dips, but since they occure so frequently, I see more indicators on the chart than bars. So I gave up that idea.

Then, I moved on to the Stochastic Cross. The problem here is, which setting to use. 5,3,3 standard setting is cluttering up my charts since there are too many crosses (mostly false).

Can anyone suggest another idea for finding Pullbacks? Of course I see them visually, the idea is to code it. So it has to be an existing indicator, or an idea that I can code.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

JForex

Post a pic of a pull back and how one would identify it.

Moving Average Convergence Divergence

MACD, which stands for Moving Average Convergence Divergence, is a trend-following momentum indicator that shows the relationship between two moving averages of prices. Developed by Gerald Appel, MACD is one of the simplest and most reliable indicators available. This tool is used to identify moving average which indicate a new trend, regardless of whether it is bullish or bearish. After all, the most important priority in trading is to find a trend, because the most money revolves around it.

The most popular formula for the "standard" MACD is the difference between 26-day and 12-day Exponential Moving Averages (EMAs). This is the formula that is used in many popular technical analysis programs and quoted in most technical analysis books. Using shorter moving averages will produce a quicker, more responsive indicator, while using longer moving averages will produce a slower indicator, less prone to whipsaws.

You can read the rest at - Moving Average Convergence Divergence

Williams AD and Smoothed Momentum

Hi,

I am looking for an Indicator which has william AD(Accumulation and Distribution) and Moving Average for cross signal on trend. Also, a smoothed Momentum.

I notice the moving average can only be plotted on the chart instead of the indicator area where I want it to be displayed.

Thanks.

the RSI divergence indicator.

To Fx1618 and Seniors

Bla bla bla - yes I do not get it right to drag the one indicator into the other box

In post #93 can someone please post a template that i can use

If you add the EMA3 and SMA 13 - How would it look

Thanks

Troope

Still Learning

Files:
wbk_small.gif  32 kb

tinytjan:
What do U think about it? D1 EURUSD since year 87

Hi tinytjan,

In looking at your Divergence.mq4 indicator, I notice that you are looking for the peak (or low) of the MACD signal line. This seems Ok enough, but typically, most divergence indicators look for the peaks (or lows) of PRICE, and then compare the slope of the signal line at those same bars. If the slopes of price and signal are opposite, you have divergence (either regular or hidden).

What concerns me about your code is this:

bool IsTop(int i)

{

return (

Value != EMPTY_VALUE &&

Value != EMPTY_VALUE &&

Value != EMPTY_VALUE &&

Value < Value &&

Value < Value); // *************** "i-1" is a FUTURE BAR!!

}

It seems to me you are looking for a signal top by comparing the current bar value with one bar previous ("i+1" is ok) as well as one future bar ("i-1" is impossible in real-time!).

I'm just trying to understand your code... isn't this a big problem with your algorithm? Or am I just missing something... Thx.

Awesome Oscillator Divergence

Does anyone know where I can find an indicator that returns the divergence between the awesome indicator and price?

I am looking for an indicator that can check the minor and major divergence. Please see the attached images for a clarification of what I consider minor and major.

Div - Indicator

I have stumbled on this Divergence indicator which i think is what you all looking for. It plot lines an the chart and also do have sound alarm with notification.

Hope it helps.

PipingTom:
I have stumbled on this Divergence indicator which i think is what you all looking for. It plot lines an the chart and also do have sound alarm with notification. Hope it helps.

Awesome, thanks PipingTom!

Reason: