Download MetaTrader 5

Divergence Indicator - page 4

To add comments, please log in or register
et_phonehome_2
et_phonehome_2  

fxbs

Trading using divergence is like ringing the cash machine. I was curious as to how one would determine exiting especially when the move is not much as in the chart posted here for the third green up arrow. WOuld you use other methods or exit as soon as the MACD changes direction?

fxbs
fxbs  

Hi, Et_phone! trying to figure it out ...

There are 2 basic types of Divergence.

Regular Divergence- RD

1-Price is making higher highs while the indicator is not

2-Price is making lower lows while the indicator is not

Hidden Divergence- HD

3-Indicator is making higher highs while price is not.

4-Indicator is making lower lows while the price is not.

Divergence Trading Patterns............................NQoos

lumesh
lumesh  

hi

thanks for sharing those indicators.

But does anyone have a working stochastic divergence indicator ? the one o have says it is expired. And other have either RSI; MACD; or MOMENTUM divergence but not stochastics...thanks a lot.

BigBe
BigBe  

Stochastic RSI Indicator Corrected

There was a simple but serious error in the Stochastic_RSI.mq4 indicator in Post 16.

I have corrected it here. If you want to use it for backtesting you will have to greatly increase the number of bars in the Properties / Inputs window - try adding a couple zeroes.

The theory on this indicator is given here: Technical Analysis Studies

The indicator used in the researchdiq website (Post 14) does not look like the above indicator, but it looks very much like one of the lines of the Stochastic indicator in Metatrader, and uses the same scale. Could it be the same?

Hope this helps,

B.

goldivx
goldivx  
Files:
goldivx
goldivx  

Ideally, I'd like it work in a separate window.

fxbs
fxbs  

that's how Integer did rsi cci OS/OB zone diver

goldivx
goldivx  

Thank You.

efmelp
efmelp  

Request For Indicator

Hi,

I'd like to request for all in one divergence indicator (MACD - Stochastic - RSI - CCI - ....) - by the way I have made a seach and found some divergence indicators but what am looking for is just one customized indicator - any way if such an indicator doesn't exist or can't be programmed I'd like to request for single CCI divergence indicator and RSI divergence indicator or information about TraderBO_Divergence_System indicators in action.

Thanks in Advance

Linuxser
Linuxser  
efmelp:
Hi,

I'd like to request for all in one divergence indicator (MACD - Stochastic - RSI - CCI - ....) - by the way I have made a seach and found some divergence indicators but what am looking for is just one customized indicator - any way if such an indicator doesn't exist or can't be programmed I'd like to request for single CCI divergence indicator and RSI divergence indicator or information about TraderBO_Divergence_System indicators in action.

Thanks in Advance

Post moved.

Some of the indicators posted in this thread are easy to modify and customize if we can know what you want to.

To add comments, please log in or register