Divergence Indicators - page 31

blueface:
Hi guys

I want to find a Bollinger Divergence Indicator, Do you have any recommended settings?

Kind Regards.

blueface

Can you post what are math rules for Bollinger divergence (or a description of it)?

mladen:
blueface Can you post what are math rules for Bollinger divergence (or a description of it)?

Hi mladen

just like this if can ?

Bollinger Band Divergence-Indi Request (Profitably tested) @ Forex Factory

Regards.

RSI divergence

rsi_divergence.mq4

tampa:
RSI divergence rsi_divergence.mq4

Do we have a divergence on a smoothed rsi somewhere?

Important Question to MLaden/Mr Tools.

Why has this stochs divergence indicator not picked up this sell divergence? The overbought value was going down whilst the price was going up.

Illustration and indicator attached.

TEAMTRADER

Can a new divergence indicator be made please?

It will be specifically for reversals.

It is a stochastics divergence indicator that ONLY compares:-
  1. High value of ‘D’ stochastic to the NEXT ‘D’ stochastic high WHEN the value is over 92 (see ‘A’ below) and
  2. Low value of ‘D’ stochastic to the next ‘D’ stochastic low WHEN the value is under 8 (see ‘B’ below).
  3. The sell divergence would be signalled when there was a value of say 94.7654 followed later by a higher price and a value of 93.5432 (within a range of ‘xx’ candles).
  4. The buy divergence would be signalled when there was a value of say 3.7654 followed later by a lower price and a value of 6.5432 (within a range of ‘xx’ candles).

Thanks if anyone can give this some time.

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
Re: Divergence Indicator

Miss

Here is a new metatrader 4 compatible version : momentum_divergence2_mtfalerts-1_nmc.mq4

Hello !

I couldn`t find a good osma divergence indi (thought unless it is not a oscillator like rsi or so, it would be better)

So I found this realy, realy good working momentum divergence indicator.

There is a issue I wanted to ask for help. In current tf (in this case M30) it gives excellent alert (message pop up)... but 30 to 40 alerts every second one, in a row.

Did not try if its the same when used as mtf.

Checked other indis, tf, restard MT4 and so on. Only this indicator shows that issue.

Could you please have a look at it and try to fix it?

That would be realy nice.

If anyone interested, I use it in combination with the excellent regularized ema + alerts. Promissing strategy.

Best Regards

wolf300:

Hello !

I couldn`t find a good osma divergence indi (thought unless it is not a oscillator like rsi or so, it would be better)

So I found this realy, realy good working momentum divergence indicator.

There is a issue I wanted to ask for help. In current tf (in this case M30) it gives excellent alert (message pop up)... but 30 to 40 alerts every second one, in a row.

Did not try if its the same when used as mtf.

Checked other indis, tf, restard MT4 and so on. Only this indicator shows that issue.

Could you please have a look at it and try to fix it?

That would be realy nice.

If anyone interested, I use it in combination with the excellent regularized ema + alerts. Promissing strategy.

Best Regards

wolf300

A question : did it perhaps have two type of divergence at the same bar?

mladen:

wolf300

A question : did it perhaps have two type of divergence at the same bar?

Hey mladen,

no, it was one type of div. Many, many messages in row with bearish divergence.

Today it worked just fine so far on different tf. Did not use higher tf settings. Still observing how often it shows a good or bad trade.

Maybe it was just one of those computer-specters, who knows.

As we are talking about divergences, mladen, I am working on a trend following strat and for that I need hidden divs of course.

Do you think an oscillater is better for that or an osma which is based on the signal distance to the histo bars of macd?

And do you know about a razor blade sharp and stable osma?

Reason: