Please help....stochastic and Price

Hi, I just started to programming in MQL and I wished to write a EA to detect divergence of stochastics against the price.

I would like to open a trade when the stochastic main crosses below the signal line while the price is making higher high on close of the current bar.

I tried but it seems that iStochastic only get the current value and not the value when the bar closes.

I appreciate anyone who can lift me out of my inability to get this correctly done.

Thank you and best regards.

LJ

if(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0)>iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,0))
    return(0);

is the sample code in the documentation and does indeed give the current values, whereas this

if(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,1)>iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,1))
    return(0);

will give the vales of the last closed bar (note the Shift value is now 1 not 0)

Good Luck

-BB-

BarrowBoy:

LJ

if(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,0)>iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,0))
    return(0);

is the sample code in the documentation and does indeed give the current values, whereas this

if(iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_MAIN,1)>iStochastic(NULL,0,5,3,3,MODE_SMA,0,MODE_SIGNAL,1))
    return(0);

will give the vales of the last closed bar (note the Shift value is now 1 not 0)

Good Luck

-BB-

Thanks BarrowBoy,

I will try that out...

Reason: