Subthread: Dolly 2nd Clone Project - page 75

/////......

\\\\\......//////..

That's an open and then a close thread with quotation lvp

Trading areas

litcons:
wondering how i can keep the red blue area narrow instead of taking up my entire screen? Mike

You can't it is how the indicator is designed, the Red Blue areas cover the trading day from the User selected start of day up to the current price

cja

Backtesting

dewanto:
Cja, I guess it will be batter if the #12 updated able to show the dolly graphic for certain days (10 days or more). So that it will be helpful for analyzing this indc on the market progress. Of course including the setting true/false on it, in order not to disturb on the comment reading.

Hope you mind to help us..

Thanks Cja, YOU ARE THE MAN.......!

The way the Dolly Graphics 12 is coded does not permit any easy solutions to supplying a backdate setup, I suggest you download one of the very early versions off the 1st Dolly thread which has a different code setup and has previous days displayed although the display is only lines and does not include any GMT time shift it should give you a general idea of previous days performance.

cja

cja:
The way the Dolly Graphics 12 is coded does not permit any easy solutions to supplying a backdate setup, I suggest you download one of the very early versions off the 1st Dolly thread which has a different code setup and has previous days displayed although the display is only lines and does not include any GMT time shift it should give you a general idea of previous days performance. cja

OK...OK.. . I know that coding isn't easy. I've seen the Dolly G12's code, and hell yeah, the code is just like my college's thick thesis article.

God bless U Cja, U coded it for free...

By the way, thanks 4 the suggestion.

Where is every body..... so silent.... zzZZ....

Multi-Time-Frame-GMACD

Hi Seniors,

I am newbie and may be wrong.

I feel that a Multi-Time-Frame-GMACD where we can see the GMACD of M15 with H1 and H4 side by side will be a great advantage to trade Dolly.

Of course, we have the digital signals from all time frames, but looking at graph is different, and single window is better than multiple windows to save screen space.

Thanks.

Today Report

Hi, i'm newbie and still learn about this system. Here is my sharing for today

Thanks to CJA, ANCOLL, HYMNS, and all people that share their thought in this forum.

Files:
eu.jpg  164 kb

cja:
ANCOLL Good idea to start a new thread, this way we can evaluate the 2 indicators without confusing the results. This has the potential to capture those bigger moves using the Daily average levels, i guess we shall see as time goes on.

One thing to be aware of is the Pivot is a major support resistance point so if the Pivot is above or below a trading range or near to a TP area be aware price may reverse or bounce, like the MM 4/8 centre level price will usually bounce the 1st time

10/01/2007

H4 turning South and below the zero level, histogram showing upward move has lost strength, H1 turning North but still below the zero level so still has a slight downward pressure, M15 turning looking like it may turn South, histogram showing upward strength is starting to wane, still below the zero level so slight downward bias at present, M5 has been largely below the zero level and is turning South at present but mainly has gone flat. Watch the H1 as the European session opens

Looks like we may have a small run up to around H1 4/8 MM level of 1.9409 & M15 7/8 MM level of 1.9402 while the H1 settles, before price continues South. 1.9348 (MM H1 2/8) & 1.9318 (MM H1 1/8) with 1.9287 (MM H1 0/8)as possible lower target

Bias still downward medium term

Things to consider with G#MACD

NEVER Trade against the H1

Look for a steep angle and good separation on the lines - the best moves are when the lines go through the zero level at a steep angle

The histogram gives an early warning of direction and strength

Look forDIVERGENCEon the higher timeframes

If H1 & H4 are turned in the same direction then moves of 120 to 200 plus are on with the GBP

If H1 & H4 are against each other then moves of 80 to 100 pips for the GBP

M15 shows the medium moves

M5 and M1 are used to fine tune the entries, wait for the M5 to just turn if possible confirmed with a slightly previous M1 turn in the same direction this way even if you are wrong generally you will get out of the trade with a small loss or a small profit. M5 moves can show anything from 10 pips to 60 pips or more depending on the day.

Below the zero level is downward pressure and above the zero level is upward pressure

If the M15 is on the zero level and almost parallel to it usually the H1 is fairly flat as well this means the market has no real direction DO NOT TRADE.However the longer this situation continues generally the larger and more explosive the move when it comes - this is a situation often seen on the trading day just before NFP is posted.

The M15 G#MACD moves back to the zero level after a large move, this is NEUTRALISATION and not a directional indication or DIVERGENCE it is merely the indicator resetting - After it reaches the zero level then what happens is important.

gmacd_mtf.mq4

UPDATE 16/03/2007

This is the new Dolly #11 with GMT Shift, Pop-up Alerts & an Auto Display option on trading levels instead of Comments. All options are in the inputs tab of the indicator.

A Special thanks to FiFtHeLeMeNt for the GMT code.

I have removed Dolly_Graphics_v11-GMTShift as the latest version has all the same code as this indicator plus email Alert functions. See Dolly Graphics_v11-GMT-Email further down this page.

UPDATE 03/04/2007

Dolly_Graphics_v11-GMT-Email - After many requests for Dolly to have an email function here it is.

IMPORTANT;

Make sure you have enabled the email function on your MT4 platform, Select Tools/Options/Email & tick Enable - click OK - click on Test to make sure it is working and sending mail.

NEXT;

Set your own email to up date incoming mail as frequently as you can (1 Minute updates works fine ) It is no good having a 10 min check for mail setting as the email may arrive too late.

Dolly has 3 email functions :

EmailONtrue/false - This email function sends anemail every minutethat the Price is within 5 pips of a Target area, (Let me know if 5 pips is too much or not enough leadin for the Price )

Email_DATA true/false - This sends an email with all the Dolly Levels for the current day. This sends 1 emailat a selected time.

DATA_EmailTime - This is where you put in the Timeyou want the DATA to be sent by email

NOTE; The time is Broker Timenot your local Time.

.. Screenshot of DATA email

07/07/2007

I have updated Dolly Graphics_v11-GMT-Emailto resolve the occasional problem of the pivot or open level not updating when the new day starts, the indicator name remains unchanged so just resave over the top of the original indicator to update the code.

07/10/2007

Code update to Dolly Graphics_v11-GMT-Emailto fix issue with change numbers ( Distance from OPEN/PIVOT ), GMT value added to this feature.

dolly_graphics_v11-gmt-email.mq4

07/08/2008

Listed here are the changes

Dolly Graphics #12 - updates to code by cja.

NOTE : Dolly Graphics # 12 has all the email and GMT features of Dolly Graphics_v11-GMT-Email

- Cleaned up TEXT DELETE Functions code to stop interference with other indicators and refreshes issues.

- Altered the Fib code so that the 100% 0.00% levels switch depending on the previous day OPEN / CLOSE.

- Changed the OBJECT DELETE setup for the graphics.

- Updated Comment TEXT to be on TOP so the text is not lost behind price candles.

- Altered "Change" code so it does not display above H4 or below M5 for correct result plus minus numbers.

- Daily Average code updated.

- Added Basic Shift functions for COMMENT Text & Change Display.

- Resolved email not sending DATA for all currencies, rewrote email Frequency Function & split it into separate time functions.

- for email DATA/ALERTS & POP UP Window ALERTS, email DATA has 1 min frequency - POP UP ALERTS have 1 min - email ALERTS have

- 5 min frequency to avoid too many email Alerts filling your inbox but updating often enough to be valid.

- The DATA Email is now set for your LOCAL time not the BROKER time.

- Show_Dolly_Instructions - This feature when set to "true" shows a basic method of trading Dolly, all the graphics are

- removed to assist in making the comments easier to read, set the Foreground tab under properties on your chart to WHITE

- to make reading easier if using a dark background or BLACK if using a light background.

dolly_graphics_v12.mq4

Is there have a version for GMACD in bar colored?

Files:

#GMACD_Bars

onetarmizi:
Is there have a version for GMACD in bar colored?

I have never thought of making a Bar version so i have just made it for you Good idea.

gmacd_bars.mq4

Files:
Reason: