Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 87

Hello Simba,

I have been following this thread for awhile(quietly) and want to tell you that I've started to understand bit by bit your method.

I am new to forex and I tried forward testing the official version w/o manual intervention from the 3rd week of last month and managed to capture some trades but now it is not in the account history.

Any idea how to retrieve the records?

My greatest appreciation to you and the team for the work that you're doing!

Bye.

goldcourse:
Hello Simba,

I have been following this thread for awhile(quietly) and want to tell you that I've started to understand bit by bit your method.

I am new to forex and I tried forward testing the official version w/o manual intervention from the 3rd week of last month and managed to capture some trades but now it is not in the account history.

Bye.

Hi goldcourse, thanks for joining us.

Try to right-click on the window with account history and select the longest possible period of time (there should be all-time) for which you want to display the records.

If you could post them, that would be great because we could compare them with others.

Goldcourse

goldcourse:
Hello Simba,

Bye.

Hi Goldcourse,

Thanks for your kind comments,if there is something about the system that you want to clarify,since it is obvious that you have invested your time,please feel free to ask.

Regarding your specific problem with history recovering I could only suggest the obvious that you might have probably already done,so...

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP GOLDCOURSE..please be so kind to do so..;)

Regards

Simba

SIMBA:
Hi Goldcourse,

Thanks for your kind comments,if there is something about the system that you want to clarify,since it is obvious that you have invested your time,please feel free to ask.

Regarding your specific problem with history recovering I could only suggest the obvious that you might have probably already done,so...

IF ANYBODY CAN HELP GOLDCOURSE..please be so kind to do so..;)

Regards

Simba

Thanks for the offer, Simba !

SIMBA:
Hi Peaceleover,and everybody else,

Your first link has 1M DATA,FREE, SINCE 1999 TO 2007...

http://www.forexmonaco.com/datas.htm

DATA is in txt format,and I presume that we will be able to convert it to MT4 data(first thought..txt to csv,then csv to hst)..any idea..???I have downloaded it(GBPUSD for the moment,several pairs are available) and will unzip and start the process this afternoon,so,if anybody know about a faster process please explain..

Frantacech,Malcik,Peacelover,Pilofe,Popok,Duke,anyone interested..When anyone of you confirms that he has been able to download into mt4 the data(and explains how ..;) ) I will post the "suggested next steps" for OUT OF SAMPLE TESTING

Peacelover:Thanks a lot for your links..;)

Regards

Simba

Simba,

The pleasure was mine, to posted your hard work here I tried to help you out.

I am yet to understand this system. Till later take care

Peace out

Hi everyone,

Tradaaa... EA version 1.4.beta is here. Its main feature is that it's got pivots included (for entries so far).

Folowing parameters were added:

NextPivotMaxDist - if we have only so many pips to reach the next pivot line (above for long, below for short), we enter immediately at market

LastPivotMaxDist - if we have only so many pips from the pivot line behind us (below for long, above for short), we enter immediately at market

PivotWaitingTime - if neither of the above distances are met, we give the price this amount of minutes to retrace to LAST pivot line to meet the LastPivotMaxDist criterion. This DOES NOT apply to letting the price approach the next pivot and meet NextPivotMaxDist. That one can only be met at the time of the original signal.

I.e., if the price is within one of the distances, we enter. If not, we give it time to retrace back and meet the criterion that will get us a better price. If time elapses without entering, the order is canceled.

Hope it's clear. I can add exits according to pivots later. For now I'd like as many people as possible to test it if it works correctly. Please, do a visual test, and not only a couple of trades but rather couple of dozens of trades since there are many possibilites as to what can happen and where the EA can mess up. The algorithm is not simple and I could have messed up anywhere. The preliminary backtest results don't look good after all. WE NEED TO DEBUG. I'm asking you to do it because I've spent many hours working on this EA already plus I have a damn lot of school workload right now, so I would appreciate some labor split. Everybody will benefit... if no one contributes, we won't move any further.

If it's only me and a certain amount of other people so low that I can count them on one of my hand's fingers, not only will we be moving very slow but you can bet your ass that we will share the outcomes privately among ourselves and stop posting. Why would we want to do it if there's no interest? Specially during last couple of days I've had a feeling that there's no interest or willingness to work. 24 hours ago I gave you a manual as to how to test on more data... something that any EA guy must be dreaming of... and there's silence.

Please prove me wrong. We have new faces here, I'm hopeful that they will get it moving here again

Files:

i have all the data downloaded from guigi site but the Alpari link and site is temp. unavailable for me? Cant figure out why. I have tried everything. Will try to get some testing done soon to help all..

SimbaSystem1.3.official Fwd Testing Results

To Malcik

Thanks for the direction and I managed to retrieve the transactions and I am posting screenshots (that's what I know how to do right now).

Screenshot #1 - Simba1.3.officialFwdTest1 is 'closed trades'

Screenshot #2 - Simba1.3.officialFwdTest2 is 'open trades'

Hope these are of some help to all.

goldcourse:
To Malcik

Thanks for the direction and I managed to retrieve the transactions and I am posting screenshots (that's what I know how to do right now).

Screenshot #1 - Simba1.3.officialFwdTest1 is 'closed trades'

Screenshot #2 - Simba1.3.officialFwdTest2 is 'open trades'

Hope these are of some help to all.

Hi goldcourse

Thanks for posting your pics,2 comments..

1-The official settings are valid only for gbpusd and gbpjpy..these specific settings don`t work for usdchf,usdjpy,eurusd,eurjpy,at least in the long term,so,please test only on the 2 previously mentioned pairs..or test on all of them if you want to do so for informative purposes..but please,when posting your tests,be so kind to somehow specify this fact

2-EXTREMELY IMPORTANT:Your demo account has 10k as initial balance and you are trading 1 lot on several pairs..even if initially the returns on equity look spectacular,this will lead to disaster..you need 10k for every GBP based pair/lot you want to trade,and 6k for every USD or EUR denominated pair,since you will end up with several open positions at the same time..so,if you want to stick to gbpusd and gbpjpy,initial balance should be 20k..if you want to use it additionally on eurjpy,eurusd,usdchf,usdjpy ..you need 24k in additional funds,so,let`s round the 44k total to 45k ,and then you will be on the aggressive safe side

Thanks and Regards

Simba

EA not closed trade

See picture.

long bar and ea dont close cross SL.

Maybe slow pc or very quick bar

Files:
ea.gif  39 kb
Reason: