Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 106

tsdpka

tsdpka:
El Cid & Simba

I hope you both are aware of systems max. potential drawdown risk at 95-98% MC confidence range. it's 90% of the account if sized the way you report it here. of course you can use lower sizes to keep it near 20% of account but then the yearly paerformance drops down to near 40% yearly. for private traders just time waisting unless you get accounts over some hundert thousands or manage large funds.

regards

Hi,

Thanks for your comments...

If you expect to achieve more than 40% annual,compounded, with 20% drawdown,REALISTICALLY,in live trading,this method(This is a manual trading system,the EA was done to be able to test the assumptions of the system)is not for you..in this we agree

If you think this is time wasting for small traders hoping to multiply their accounts 10 fold per year..again,I agree with you

If you think this is for large funds...we don`t agree,this is not good enough for large funds,large funds request around 30%/40% performance with below 10% drawdown,and,consequently,this is not good enough..I would like it to have being ..but reality is that it is not...

In my opinion,this system is good for any trader capable of accepting AVERAGE drawdowns of 30%(so,as El Cid rightly pointed out,sometimes you will have deviations,both positive and negative )as part of a portfolio of systems trading allocated sizes of a common equity...and,more important

This system(forget about the EA) ,and this thread,is a way of trying to implement a "mindset" which I deem is useful for traders,specially for newbies,composed of basically 2 assumptions:

1-TEST,TEST,TEST everything before committing any money to it

2-Buy dips in an uptrend or sell rallies in a downtrend,how you define "trend","dips" or "rallyes" is up to you,the system provides you just ONE definition,there are many other acceptable ways to do so...whatever way you choose..avoid buying rallies in a downtrend or selling dips in an uptrend

dxtrade:
No problem, here we go.

I use it on FXDD live on GBP/USD and GBP/JPY on M5 as advised by yourself, with the following settings:

UseSATLFilter=true;

ChandDist_Min=35;

ChandDist_Max=100;

UseChandIfTouched=false;

WPR_Period=90;

WPR_TopLevel=-8;

WPR_BottomLevel=-92;

TPPips=355;

atr_for_tp=false;

atr_period=4;

atr_multiplier=4;

AllowReentries=false;

MaximumRisk=2; (I never trade more then 2% of my balance on any trade)

We will see....

Dxtrade,settings are fine,you could modify the WPR_Levels to -5 and -95,but -8 and -92 are fine too..Enjoy

Agree

SIMBA:
Hi,

Thanks for your comments...

If you expect to achieve more than 40% annual,compounded, with 20% drawdown,REALISTICALLY,in live trading,this method(This is a manual trading system,the EA was done to be able to test the assumptions of the system)is not for you..in this we agree

If you think this is time wasting for small traders hoping to multiply their accounts 10 fold per year..again,I agree with you

If you think this is for large funds...we don`t agree,this is not good enough for large funds,large funds request around 30%/40% performance with below 10% drawdown,and,consequently,this is not good enough..I would like it to have being ..but reality is that it is not...

In my opinion,this system is good for any trader capable of accepting AVERAGE drawdowns of 30%(so,as El Cid rightly pointed out,sometimes you will have deviations,both positive and negative )as part of a portfolio of systems trading allocated sizes of a common equity...and,more important

This system(forget about the EA) ,and this thread,is a way of trying to implement a "mindset" which I deem is useful for traders,specially for newbies,composed of basically 2 assumptions:

1-TEST,TEST,TEST everything before committing any money to it

2-Buy dips in an uptrend or sell rallies in a downtrend,how you define "trend","dips" or "rallyes" is up to you,the system provides you just ONE definition,there are many other acceptable ways to do so...whatever way you choose..avoid buying rallies in a downtrend or selling dips in an uptrend

Simba

Basically agree but some funds are still happy even with annual return 20% to 10% max drawdown (factor 20%/10%) =2

regards

Thank you so much DX and Simba. I have added the GBP/JPY M5 to the IBFX Demo platform together with the GBP/USD M5 chart and started over (start balance $937.00) with these settings below...but I used MaximumRisk "1" (I could not seem to get the decimal of 0.50 in there).

DX, But why is the "atr_for_tp" set to false when the default is true? I have it on true with atr_period "4' and atr_multiplier "4.0"

I also changed those two wpr settings from -8 and -92

to

-5 & -95

ES

dxtrade:
No problem, here we go.

I use it on FXDD live on GBP/USD and GBP/JPY on M5 as advised by yourself, with the following settings:

UseSATLFilter=true;

ChandDist_Min=35;

ChandDist_Max=100;

UseChandIfTouched=false;

WPR_Period=90;

WPR_TopLevel=-8;

WPR_BottomLevel=-92;

TPPips=355;

atr_for_tp=false;

atr_period=4;

atr_multiplier=4;

AllowReentries=false;

MaximumRisk=2; (I never trade more then 2% of my balance on any trade)

We will see....

ElectricSavant:
Thank you so much DX and Simba. I have added the GBP/JPY M5 to the IBFX Demo platform together with the GBP/USD M5 chart and started over (start balance $937.00) with these settings below...but I used MaximumRisk "1" (I could not seem to get the decimal of 0.50 in there).

DX, But why is the "atr_for_tp" set to false when the default is true? I have it on true with atr_period "4' and atr_multiplier "4.0"

I also changed those two wpr settings from -8 and -92

to

-5 & -95

ES

Hi ES,

ok,well done,please try to post an update of your results,if you feel it is ok with you.

The atr for tp is set to false,because those were the original settings,before we included atr tp in the Ea,once we included it,we found that there were not significant improvements between atr=true..4/4 and atr_tp=false and TP=355..but we felt it was a more flexible option..and the tests didn`t show significantly worse results

Frankly..it is a matter of personal choice,atr_tp=false and tp=355 is what has been extensively tested..and shown very good results out of sample..the other option is almost as good,BUT,even if it is my preferred choice(I always choose flexibility),can lead to some volatile results..

Simba,

For testing variation...the others here may have atr_for_tp set to false...but I prefer it to be true as you do Simba (it's personal) I prefer atr to be used in calculations...why doesn't this flexability and "open architecture' work in all of the pairs, Simba?

I like the way you have coded this and sincerely as long as atr is evaluated any pair should work...can you explain why it would not work with other pair?

I was thinking of testing with 8 currencies and four pair at IBFX.

Like:

GBP/USD (6 pips)

CHF/JPY (7 pips)

EUR/CAD (9 pips)

AUD/NZD (11 pips)

TOTAL Basket spread cost (33 pips)

ES

P.S. With your reply I will download a new Demo with 1K from IBFX and start the test. I am thrilled you would allow me to share a Journal.

SIMBA:
Hi ES,

ok,well done,please try to post an update of your results,if you feel it is ok with you.

The atr for tp is set to false,because those were the original settings,before we included atr tp in the Ea,once we included it,we found that there were not significant improvements between atr=true..4/4 and atr_tp=false and TP=355..but we felt it was a more flexible option..and the tests didn`t show significantly worse results

Frankly..it is a matter of personal choice,atr_tp=false and tp=355 is what has been extensively tested..and shown very good results out of sample..the other option is almost as good,BUT,even if it is my preferred choice(I always choose flexibility),can lead to some volatile results..

SIMBA:
Your choice of pairs discredit you both as a person and as a trader,what do you intend to achieve with this..and with your related spread costs?

Do you think you are going to get the attention you so much crave?You sillyboy?Not from me,and I believe not from anybody else..EURCAD,AUDNZD..ass***e,if you think this is really fair testing for a gbpusd,gbpjpy system,are you stupid,on drugs or both?Bad faith is what your journal will share..and that is the story of your life,you pitiful dropout ..

Are you so stupid or so needy as a trader that you have to use a gbpusd/gbpjpy system with CHFJPY,EURCAD,and AUDNZD ?Or just your bad faith nature lurking in the shadows trying to compensate for your obvious defects as a person?..I don`t care,but,if I allow this, the thread is finished,and I don`t give a s**t about your reply

You're very rude Simba.

Edit: Although you're right.

Analysis

Hello everyone!

I am new at this forum, but I have some exp in forex trading. I have a question for the Simba, because he is the founder of this thread. Can I post my analysis and my thoughts in this thread? I think this would be interesting for all of us, to share our thoughts on the theme. I wasnt able to find another tread with GBP analysis, so I am here.

I appreciate you initiative in sharing your thoughts and your system with the others, and I would like to share mine.

Sincerely yours,

Sauron.

To sauron

Sauron:
Hello everyone!

I am new at this forum, but I have some exp in forex trading. I have a question for the Simba, because he is the founder of this thread. Can I post my analysis and my thoughts in this thread? I think this would be interesting for all of us, to share our thoughts on the theme. I wasnt able to find another tread with GBP analysis, so I am here.

I appreciate you initiative in sharing your thoughts and your system with the others, and I would like to share mine.

Sincerely yours,

Sauron.

If you want to share your system I suggest that you open a new thread..if you just want to comment on simbasystem,how to improve it,etc,please do so here in this thread.

Reason: