Trend following EA - page 4

pfgroup:
Hi wyrsav,

I like this EMA very much. My opinion is that when price direction changes, I want to change with it. Why wait in DD while good trading opportunities pass you by? As is, the EA appears to be set up for swing trades even though the highest TF is 1H. I think this EA could take advantage of intraday movements if you could get in a trade for an hour or two then get out.

Suggestions:

In addition to the exits already in use, I suggest adding the following:

Exit on EMA Cross - exit when the 3 and 5 EMA's cross back through the 50 EMA when the lowest 2 TF's (5M & 15M) have reversed. I have currently have 4 open trades in DD in my demo account since my stops haven't been hit yet, even though the 3&5 have crossed back through the 50 on the 5M TF. I think the use of a tighter TP & TS could work well with this - get into a trade, make some pips, get out. Perhaps there is a stochastic way to calculate SL / TP / TS settings per each currency pair to optimize this approach?

Stepped TP with AutoScaling - TP moves up in stepped increments (ex: 10 pips), locks in profits, leaves less pips on the table than a TS.

AutoScaling- Add to the trade size as the Stepped TP locks in profits.

Breakeven Stop - could be used when the market takes a quick reversal after entry - internal value /hidden from broker.

Thanks,

Shawn A.

Why not just jack up the TP to a silly number? Like 900 pips?

klenecut:
This is one of the best EA's I have tested from this site.I have it attached to several charts @ 4h TF.It is up over 400 pips in 1 week.The thing I can't figure out, is how to adjust the risk %level/lots to trade.I tried to adjust this setting with out any luck,any suggestions? Thanks.

What currency pairs are you using to get +400 pips in one week? That's just incredible!!! Ron

You know...I just was reading the threads that ND was doing ongoing tests on...

There are EA's in here "hidden" that are diamonds hidden in the rocks.

This seems to be one of them. I like it and like the way it trades, thus far...its only been 12 hours since I downloaded it on IBFX with eight pairs and it has banked 1% with less that 1% drawdown to get it on the 1k Demo on a SUNDAY EVENING! But it is now floating a 3% DD while waiting for more TP's in the heavier morning volume. I am in hopes the banked balance stays ahead of the increasing float and in time the method will start banking and exceeding the float it carries. It takes time to get eight pairs fully involved and to get the method flowing...If it has an edge it will trade how I want to see and prefer. I can usually tell by how the float moves...this is why I chose a basket of eight carefully selected pairs at IBFX.

I use Suzannes post #10 for the settings (I like her longer term approach to this). H4 TF.

GBP/USD

EUR/CHF

AUD/CAD

NZD/JPY

GBP/CHF

AUD/JPY

NZD/USD

EUR/CAD

ES

any updates Suzanne or anyone?

Hi

can anybody explain this?

Files:
ema_cross.htm  113 kb
ema_cross.gif  6 kb

el cid:
Hi can anybody explain this?

Ea did not palces stop loss value in the last sell order and price just came to opposite direction and it was "close at stop". Close at stop is the same as you stop Metatrader and trading. Drawdown.

Why EA did not places stop loss - no idea.

As I see from the statement it was coded like this: EA does not have stop loss when the order is open and will have stop loss when the order will be modified. It is the same as hidden drawdown.

EA does not place Stoploss when entering new trade

Hi,

I agree with newdigital. This EA doesn't place a stoploss when entering a trade. It only places the stoploss later during the trade. If you get a reversal like you did it will cost you. Look at your statement. When a new trade open their is no stoploss.

Best regards

Derik

do you need to change the magic number for each pair?

Thanks

TM

The EA has been profitable for me so far however I think I found a bug. I have it set for .10 lots and the money management is set to false. However it opened a trade for 1 standard lot!!! Please let me know about this. Thanks, Ron

derikb:
Hi,

I agree with newdigital. This EA doesn't place a stoploss when entering a trade. It only places the stoploss later during the trade. If you get a reversal like you did it will cost you. Look at your statement. When a new trade open their is no stoploss.

Best regards

Derik

This is true. It does not open a trade with a stop loss.

Reason: