Simbasystem-gbpusd - page 103

____________ LOL _______________

right, fool proof or not - it depens on a fool

Murrphy's rule No:nnn

There is no system resistent to fools

PS: sorry Simba for spamming your thread

Here's how I see it, like that matters...

Simba came to us offering an idea, plus a lot of knowledge, in the spirit of bringing a group of people together to trade more effectively. A lot of people came on board to develop this thing into a technical system that has a realistic positive return over time. One thing I've learned, however, is that a combinative approach, using technical systems in conjunction with awareness of current events, God forbid, fundamental analysis, is the most effective way to trade this or any other market. It's subjective and can't be backtested, but let's not all be eggheads, either. How many of you can tell me what the current interest rate is in New Zealand?

Technical systems are tools. If I don't know how to use a sander I'll just sand everything in sight and make it into a discombobulated mess, but if I'm good at what I do I can transform a rustbucket into a pristine 1957 Chevy...

I think El Cid is pissed because he doesn't know how to use a sander...

Duke

dukeofdents:

Technical systems are tools. If I don't know how to use a sander I'll just sand everything in sight and make it into a discombobulated mess, but if I'm good at what I do I can transform a rustbucket into a pristine 1957 Chevy...

I think El Cid is pissed because he doesn't know how to use a sander...

Duke

Simba is a one hit wonder.His method only works on cable.It is his method that he is intimate with and truly understands.It only works on certain types of market conditions and if these market conditions change ,the system fails like it flopped earlier .

There are over 20 profitable cable systems ,so it does not take rocket science to be profitable on GBP/USD with most systems, and most systems are copies of other systems rehashed in a different format ,with different indicators yet doing the same old thing

Yeah just a one hit wonder copy rehashed

Urban Dictionary: one hit wonder

What is orignal about Simba ?He uses the handle of an animal thats all ,cause he only he know himself truly

Technical systems are tools. If I don't know how to use a sander I'll just sand everything in sight and make it into a discombobulated mess, but if I'm good at what I do I can transform a rustbucket into a pristine 1957 Chevy... and how long willit take to make rustbucket into a pristine 1957 chevy ?another point to laugh at.

El Cid

SIMBA:

“‘The Superiority of Rabbits over Foxes and Wolves.’”

...;)

Well said .

I looked at your backtests during which time your system traded 24 hours a day and produced 3,800 pips equivalent to around 1500 per yearly average,with all the fancy indicators etc

That is mediocre performance MR ONE HIT WONDER

Here is the proof just incase you forget.These are backtests and reall performance can be far inferior due to may unforseen problems wit real trading and real execution

Don't be a wolf again

Files:
simba.jpg  69 kb

I don't see any problem.

Simba posted all the indicators on the first post as mql4 files. Besides there is EA posted for GBPUSD (on the 1st post of this thead as well). As I understand it is MTF EA for M5 timeframe.

And I also looked inside the code of this EA:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| SimbaSystem.mq4 |

//| Simba, programmed by Malcik and popok_sakti |

//| https://www.forex-tsd.com |

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

#include

#property copyright "Simba, programmed by Malcik and popok_sakti"

#property link "https://www.forex-tsd.com"[/CODE]

So, that's no any problem: it is free trading system with free EA developed inside our forum.

And, according to my limited programming knowledge this EA was coded in right way: it was coded on close bar:

[CODE]Chandelier_Up=iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H1, "ChandelierStops_v1",0,1)

And so on.

Of course we can not say exactly about this EA anything based on backtesting results only (because it is MTF EA) but everything is fine as first imagination (by backtesting).

The other pairs seems the subject of the settings I think. And as I understand the settings for this EA came from this manual trading system. So, if we want for this EA to be profitable for the other pairs we need to come back to the beginning: attach indicators to the chart, see the settings and so on. It may be also more profitable for GBPJPY (but with more bigger drawdown).

Some people are selling MTF EA in commercial section but Simba (together with Malcik and popok_sakti) created free MTF EA as source code and it is very good support for our forum.

Of course MTF EAs are more risky than usual normal EAs. But anyway it is very interesting.

If someone feels that this EA needs to be improved so it is possible to place some suggestions, ideas and so on and authors will reply. Because source code was posted on the 1st post.

Sorry, I did not follow this discussion by 2 pages on this thread but I think that it is very good thread with very interesting EA.

This thread is very popular and quoted 10 times on many national forums but as I can not read Portuguese and Chinese languages so I don't know what they are talking about this system.

As I see this EA is based on ChandelierStops_v1 indicatr created by Igorad inside this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175391 (plus SATL and ATR) so may be this thread is more related to this section https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

We are having 1 or 2 public EAs developed inside our forum and based on digital filters so this EA is the next one.

el cid:
Well said .

I looked at your backtests during which time your system traded 24 hours a day and produced 3,800 pips equivalent to around 1500 per yearly average,with all the fancy indicators etc

Here is the proof just incase you forget.These are backtests and reall performance can be far inferior due to may unforseen problems wit real trading and real execution

Don't be a wolf again

Its obvious that you don't understand the purpose of this thread at all, but thats not surprising as you haven't actually read it.

The performance of the EA is completely irrelevant, if the EA lost 3,800 pips in backtest, this would still be one of the best threads here. If you don't understand why then its your loss

el cid

I can't see what are you trying to prove here, and regardless of the EA or the thread, SIMBA is one of the few successful traders who makes money, so whatever the misunderstanding was I would suggest to forget it and start to learn from SIMBA instead of borthing him, or move on to whatever you like.

You will gain nothing with your posts against SIMBA, because we know who he is.

Regards

Alan

el cid:
Well said .

Don't be a wolf again

Hi Chutia,

Well,if +3800 pips in 2 years and 2 months,without compounding, is mediocre performance for you,I only have to ask you to enlight us with your trades...

You know ,it is only backtesting,but,until now,I hadn`t seen anybody attacking an EA on the sole basis that its backtest results were good

I won`t attack the backtesting results of your copycatted Eas because it will be too easy,and,besides I have no interest in Eas,besides using them for testing ideas and learning from them ...I am a manual trader...Just what you will never be

But anyway,just for the record,no one of the Eas you posted UNTIL TODAY has comparable results...you do not need to delete them,don`t worry,I won`t post them here..;)

Be an Ass again...you can`t avoid it..it is in your nature..and keep increasing my views