Here's the new "Goblin" ea...little brother to Predator - page 62

Well, I didn't get to close out my trades at the end of today's (Friday's) session...is this bad?

Yoda_Glenn:
Odd...I made 128 bucks in profit off of Goblin today....that's on a live mini account, by the way. I love this EA. I have a question, though....what happens when I turn off the computer, have open trades open, and then restart the computer again, with Goblin running? Will Goblin continue to control these open orders that it has been temporarily disconnected from?

Which version and what settings ?

tomstaufer:
Which version and what settings ?

Just the latest version (the one posted on the first post) on 1Hr Charts. My only unique settings are 3 Max Trades. I used EUR/USD, USD/CHF and EUR/JPY. I pulled 185.00 profit on a live IBFX mini account (not the 125 that I originally thought.)

tomstaufer:
As I expected todays news made impact on my tests.

Goblin with yeoeleven settings got bad hit, but what is interesting EA with default settings survived. Since the EAs are different I attached them and set files in the zip. Timeframe H1, GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCHF, USDJPY.

forex_phreak,

nice statement but I think if this EA will be able to handle days like today on violent pairs then we can switch to safer ranging pairs and sleep well at night.

what time frame did you set?

abrs70:
what time frame did you set?

H1 both tests.

Wink Martingale:
Oh brother. Get a load of this dorky braggard. Lol. Need to check your ego at the door playboy. We will believe you when you show us the money. And the EA. Sorry I couldnt resist.

what is the major difference between phorex_phreak EA and goblin???

tomstaufer:
H1 both tests.

yeah..pretty amazing...i run visual backtest...result was positive... did you backtest with offline data? alpari data

p/s : but backtest results fail on usdjpy during NFP

Great EA folks .. but flaws need to be checked.

Hello Bluto and the rest of the people who made goblin possible.

Just to tell u guys that i appreciate your efforts in developing this EA and i had tested in on a $10,000 with default settings as mentioned and i was surprised to see this EA making more money than i could imagine. Almost $3000 in a day. In 4 days until thursday, my demo touched $22,000+ but yesterday during NFP, everything went haywire. Goblin could not adjust to the one way market when USD went down, sometime after the results of NFP was published. from 22,000 the account depreciated to 4000 in about 3-4 hours. At the end of the market, my equity was 2300. i don't understand why it does that.. maybe some more refining needs to be done.. i am sorry i am not a programmer, so i cannot help in this .. but i am sure some one out there will take the initiative to make this a better EA. Otherwise we have to turn the EA off while hot news hits the market..

Have a great weekend !!

String

Overleverage

StringFX.............

I assure you that nothing is wrong with the Goblin code and you do not need a programmer to solve any problems, you might suspect.

The only thing "wrong" was your used leverage= starting lotsize

Your account was way way way too small funded, in order to sustain big moves like yesterday.

1 Nanolot= 100 USD lotsize(yes you read that right and it is NO typo) is the start size for EVERY 10 000(ten thousand) USD in account equity.

This is my setting , which i use for several month now and i limit the max.trades to 8.

If you let the EA take 10 trades, the minimum equity goes to 30 000 USD.

Janus

JanusTrading:
StringFX.............

I assure you that nothing is wrong with the Goblin code and you do not need a programmer to solve any problems, you might suspect.

The only thing "wrong" was your used leverage= starting lotsize

Your account was way way way too small funded, in order to sustain big moves like yesterday.

1 Nanolot= 100 USD lotsize(yes you read that right and it is NO typo) is the start size for EVERY 10 000(ten thousand) USD in account equity.

This is my setting , which i use for several month now and i limit the max.trades to 8.

If you let the EA take 10 trades, the minimum equity goes to 30 000 USD.

Janus

Hi JanusTrading,

is 30,000 USD per currency pair ?

Reason: