V1andV2 Hedged EA: Beautiful Equity Curve - page 28

I would not risk that. If there is a big move I'll get margin call. Believe me, I'd use bigger lots if I could.

cucurucu:
I would not risk that. If there is a big move I'll get margin call. Believe me, I'd use bigger lots if I could.

Cucurucu, do you happen to know exactly what a margin call is. I'm sure each broker handles it differently. For instance IBFX says that at around 50% margin we can expect a broker call, but what exactly does that mean? Do they close down all orders, or call you on the phone, or request additional funds, or what?

Thank you.

Very Nice

cucurucu:
Steady 500$ monthly. When my balance will reach 6000$ I will expect 1000$ monthly.

Slow and steady. Thanks for sharing!

Mike Jody: Since I have had a margin call at IBFX I can answer it for you. When your margin gets below 50% they automatically start closing the largest trades until you get below 50%. Not fun, they do not call you or anything like that.

Cucurucu: Great job on the ea.

can anyone help me please? i tried almost all the EA(on different broker and dif pairs) in this thread and non of them are working.....theres no error message in expert or journal tab.....

mikejody:
Cucurucu, do you happen to know exactly what a margin call is. I'm sure each broker handles it differently. For instance IBFX says that at around 50% margin we can expect a broker call, but what exactly does that mean? Do they close down all orders, or call you on the phone, or request additional funds, or what? Thank you.

You explained it well. Each broker handles it differently.

Some brokers will call you when you reach 100% margin (to request funds or to ask you to choose which position to close)... other brokers will close down your trades starting with the biggest losing trades.

Recently I heard that FXDD closed all trades of a fellow memeber when his margin got down to 120% on a REAL account!!!! ... so beware!

Margin call is the general term, no matter if the broker actually calls you or closes your trades.

lcfxtrader your inbox is full so I'm answering here

lcfxtrader:
cucurucu, Hello. Could you please explain the basic operation of your EA? I am fairly new to FX and would appreciate any education you could provide me. Thank you, Daryl

Hi Daryl,

I have build two separate EAs: V1 and V2.

They are almost identical except that V1 only buys and V2 only sells. Simple martingale systems but with slightly different settings. Don't ask me about other versions (V1+V2 combined, mini, 5%) because they were modified by other members.

The only pair suitable is EURUSD.

Timeframe doesn't matter because the EAs will start trading the moment you connect the platform. No indicators, no conditions...just buy and sell instantly then add double sized positions.

You must trade V1 and V2 with brokers who allow 0.01 lots. I use InterbankFX and I like how it works.

Don't change the settings as they were obtained through very long optimizations.

Please read all my posts on that thread. If you don't find your answers there, you are wellcome to ask me.

dr2k3:
can anyone help me please? i tried almost all the EA(on different broker and dif pairs) in this thread and non of them are working.....theres no error message in expert or journal tab.....

I use these on IBFX Standard Account (not mini).

They are the same posted in the first post of this thread (zipped together as V1+V2.zip).

To avoid any confusions, here are my one and only versions of V1 and V2:

Files:
v1.mq4  7 kb
v2.mq4  7 kb

cucurucu,

I probably don't understand all the nuances of this system, but would like to run something past you.

If instead of opening a $9000 account and starting with .03 lots (3 times amount of your $3000 based account) I opened 3 separate $3000 accounts each starting with .01 lots but with each separate account starting trading a day apart or a week apart or some different frequency would you think that I could reasonably expect $1500 per month (or whatever amount) with less risk than one single $9000 account? Or would the risk be too similar to bother with separate smaller accounts?

I hoped I explained that well enough.

Thanks,

saintrade

saintmo:
cucurucu,

I probably don't understand all the nuances of this system, but would like to run something past you.

If instead of opening a $9000 account and starting with .03 lots (3 times amount of your $3000 based account) I opened 3 separate $3000 accounts each starting with .01 lots but with each separate account starting trading a day apart or a week apart or some different frequency would you think that I could reasonably expect $1500 per month (or whatever amount) with less risk than one single $9000 account? Or would the risk be too similar to bother with separate smaller accounts?

I hoped I explained that well enough.

Thanks,

saintrade

I understand and I like your idea. You can definitely expect 1500/month and with somehow lower risk. I think you should look for 10-15 distance from the "previous" account when you start the EAs on the next account.

Let's say that on your first account you have last long order @ 1.3500, you should start your EAs on the second account when the price is around 1.3510-1.3515. On your third account use the same logic but compare the short trades.

I hope you understand my logic.

There is no point in waiting 1 dat or 1 week if you start the EAs at a very close price to the last order in your previous account. They will close at the same time and when they will start over you will have exactly the same trades on all the accounts.

If someone wants to go live with real money, please read this post. I think it is interesting.

Reason: