Sti - page 18

Hello Nick,

Thank you for these explanations which make it possible to better understand the differences between the v403 and 406. I attach statement today with the initial adjustments as you had said it to me (reversal:false). I have just put at the moment,: reversal:true to continue the test and the comparison v403 .

bdandi:
Hi Nicholishen

Is it possible for you to modify STI4_0_3 just to correct the problems caused by order ID when the EA is initialized but basically retains the rest of the code? Maybe version 4_0_3a... From the posts it seems that V4_0_3 is more profitable than STI406.

Thanks

bdandi

Hello ALL! I want to first apologize to everyone for not keeping up to date on this thread. The problem with 406 is that the signal is reversed by default, and to make it trade as originally designed, the Reverse option needs to be set to true. I was testing it to see how it would run in volitile and trending conditions, and I actually have to different versions saved under the same file name. Maybe my quote should read "anyone who has never made a mistake, has never been spread too thin"

Here is the version that you requested. I would like to see if a couple of people wouldn't mind testing this version versus 406 (with Reverse set to true of course). The difference is in the trade algorithm. I made so slight modifications to version 2, which is seen in 403. Version 406 has the original algorithm that is found in version 2. This should work with helena's presets. There is also a fix to the trailing stops in this as well. If anyone would like any other mods, don't hesitate to PM me. Thanks!

Files:
sti_4_0_3a.mq4  16 kb

BrunoFX:
Hello Nick, Thank you for these explanations which make it possible to better understand the differences between the v403 and 406. I attach statement today with the initial adjustments as you had said it to me (reversal:false). I have just put at the moment,: reversal:true to continue the test and the comparison v403 .

To save confusion... attached is 403a and 403b. 403a is the same as 4_0_3 that fixes the bugs. 403b has the original version 2 signal. The trade signals are fine now and DON'T need to be reversed.

Files:
sti_4_0_3a.mq4  16 kb
sti_4_0_3b.mq4  17 kb

BrunoFX:
Hi,

which to test then ? 403a or 403b ?

(afflicted for these imcompréhensions due undoubtedly to the machine translation of google)

If you can, please test both with the same settings. It would be interesting to see the difference in the trading signals, if any at all.

I'm now testing 403a and 403b versions with helena settings on 15m and 30m charts on EUR/USD and GBP/USD. I will post results in a few days....

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread,

Nicholishen:
If you can, please test both with the same settings. It would be interesting to see the difference in the trading signals, if any at all.

Hello Nick,

I will test 403a : M30 / eurusd & gbpusd

I'm in quite a hurry but here's two screen shots real quick.....

Both versions are machine gunning orders at times

Files:
403a30min.gif  68 kb
403b30min.gif  77 kb

faifarni:
I'm in quite a hurry but here's two screen shots real quick..... Both versions are machine gunning orders at times

Hello,

I have the same problems . I stop

faifarni:
I'm in quite a hurry but here's two screen shots real quick..... Both versions are machine gunning orders at times

This was a perplexing problem. The logic is spot on, however, for some reason the code is not being compiled correctly. I recoded the way it calculates the open orders. It is working now, but I had to take out the total equity stop loss... go figure....???!! I have tested these to make sure that the bug is gone. See the comments in the Chart window.

Files:
Reason: