Live Testing reports - page 48

Pcontour:
I'm not much of a tester yet. I still need to get into that. Is there a testers guide? I need to know how do you save your results. The best of Youtube.

I was LOL at the inspector gadget tune on a flute. I remember watching that as a kid.

We'll need to make a testing guide I think. Some people seem better at doing optimization work, others at bug fixes, others at documentation. It would be nice if we had a central place to log our trade results into.

With Phoenix 6, I don't know if we should have "default settings" or not. The "preferred settings" is a really good feature for having 10 people test the same data. On the other hand, we know we are getting the same results from 10 people doing the same settings. I like how "new user friendly" having preferred/default settings is. On the other hand, I think it discourages people looking or changing the settings in any way.

Happy Day! PhoenixFund has been approved as an IB. Please see PhoenixFund thread for details. I need your name if you signed up already!

I am running 5.7.0 for 24 hours but this week starting from Monday but its not doing well.

May be because theres not much movement in JPY.

5.7.0 is not stable anymore I guess. A gbp/jpy buy trade was opened at mode 3 at 236.31, SL 235.51 with as usual 3 lots. But suddenly 2 lots got closed at 235.89 and one lot still open. Funny...isn't it?

5.7.0 is stable, Mode3_CloseTrade2_3 = 55; is the setting used to close those trades. To disable that setting, change the value to 0 and the trades won't close anymore. You will need to edit the MQ4 file for this change.

The assumption is that a partial loss is better than a complete loss, but I'm not a big fan of these settings. Mode3 has a bunch of little settings that alter the opening and closing of trades. I recommend Mode 1 if you want to get started with Phoenix, because it is more traditional and my personal favorite. Mode1 does not use this setting.

There are some excellent resources updated by PContour regarding the different settings and how they work.

daraknor:
5.7.0 is stable, Mode3_CloseTrade2_3 = 55; is the setting used to close those trades. To disable that setting, change the value to 0 and the trades won't close anymore. You will need to edit the MQ4 file for this change.

The assumption is that a partial loss is better than a complete loss, but I'm not a big fan of these settings. Mode3 has a bunch of little settings that alter the opening and closing of trades. I recommend Mode 1 if you want to get started with Phoenix, because it is more traditional and my personal favorite. Mode1 does not use this setting.

There are some excellent resources updated by PContour regarding the different settings and how they work.

That was excellent tip man. Thanks a lot for the help.

2 accounts testing

Here are the reports on 3 accounts for Feb22 at roughly 10:30 eastern time. Phoenix is running in a different mode with defaults on each one, plus a trailing stop of 25 on Mode 1, and Maxtrades=5 and ConsecSig=15.

As of Feb21,in deference to bert and azbo, I started up the default settings and reset the start date for the report. As of yesterday then, Modes 1 and 2 seem to be producing good results, especially if you ignore the first trade in Mode 1 on FXDD which was initiated before Feb 21. Mode 3 appears less promising.

Perhaps the default settings are the way to go with Phoenix. Let us see if the trend continues for a while. I'll keep working these settings to see where they go.

I must say that I am disappointed with the optimization exercise overall. Very time consuming, and nothing to show, if not worse results than the default settings. Either the defaults are as good as it gets with Phoenix, or optimization requires the magic hand of a watchmaker. The third option is that Phoenix performance is simply random, and no settings are better than any others. Any suggestions? How can we take a scientific approach to optimization??

autumnleaves:
Here are the report files.

Thinking of running a manual test for 1 year, forward testing on Phoenix EA of Hendrick. However, is there anyone who knows the rules that the EA works on, so that we can manually test it?

I am now running live forward testing on Hans123, SIBKIS, and Fozzy systems.

Let me know.

Regards

Yanni

http://www.myfxreport.com

jgerousis:
Thinking of running a manual test for 1 year, forward testing on Phoenix EA of Hendrick. However, is there anyone who knows the rules that the EA works on, so that we can manually test it?

I am now running live forward testing on Hans123, SIBKIS, and Fozzy systems.

Let me know.

Regards

Yanni

http://www.myfxreport.com

Here

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

And there :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

AdamDuritz99:
Broker: IBFX

Default Settings

TF: 15M

Mode 1

Adam, you list IBFX but the statement says MiG. A minor point, but important nonetheless. Try FXDD data instead and I think the results will be much better. We choose FXDD as our nonprofit PhoenixFund IB based on the performance of demo accounts being consistently better week after week. Demo and Real accounts are reported to be nearly identical.

I liked the easy scanning of trade results by currency, very handy reference.

jgerousis, I am fairly sure this system couldn't be manually traded without writing a great deal of code. Phoenix 6 will be more modular and easier to change things so it would paint signals instead of trade them. That can be done in Phoenix 5 as well, but there is no way to determine what the values of individual signals are. The system calculates derivatives of signals and checks their sign in order to trade. I haven't tried Hans123, SIBKIS, and Fozzy systems so I don't even have a worthless opinion on them. I see Fozzy v1.2 is now part of the Elite section, I'll defer to testing done there for a while.

Reason: