Unable to update MT4 on Vista 64

There was probably MT4 update released today. My Vista 64 asked me to allow to run liveupdate.exe. I allow it but no update was done. Then I tried to run liveupdate as an administrator but update was not done neither. Otherwise MT4 works OK.

Please advise how to get the latest update preferably without reinstalling the whole MT4.

I have the same porblem. I need the 220 version but live update is not working on Vista. Apparently there is something in Vista's security that needs to be temporarily desabled to allow the MetaTreder's update to run.

Thanks

atomz :
There was probably MT4 update released today. My Vista 64 asked me to allow to run liveupdate.exe. I allow it but no update was done. Then I tried to run liveupdate as an administrator but update was not done neither. Otherwise MT4 works OK.

Please advise how to get the latest update preferably without reinstalling the whole MT4.

I have Vista Home Premium. This takes about 5-10 minutes to complete because you have to reboot your computer. First, make sure that you are logged on your computer with administrative privileges. Click the "Start" button, then click "Control Panel." Click "Classic View" in the left column.

Scroll all the way down and double-click "User Accounts." Click "Turn User Account Control on or off." Click "Continue." Uncheck "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer." Restart your computer.

After your computer comes up, Run MetaTrader 4. This time, Live Update should start automatically, just like Windows XP. After you update MetaTrader 4, go back to User Accounts and turn on User Account Control (UAC) again. Reboot your computer one last time, and you're ready to trade!!

Hi,

I find that I forget which template I have on a chart and when I come to save it, there is no 'Save as' option to tell me what the name of my current template is.

How about incorporating that into the next build for us oldies?

Cheers,

Mike

Reason: