MetaTrader. New versions and Daily builds - page 6

Craig:
MT update, glitch... I can't believe those too words are used being in the same sentence. Do Metaquotes do any QA AT ALL before they put out a release? I for one grow tried of the never ending bugs.

ROFL

You are the first person I see to say such a thing. If I were you, I'd have a look other trading platforms, and companies that support them. For most other joints, putting out like 1 update a year and fixing couple of bugs is more than enough. Unlike MetaQuotes. I for one dont think that MetaTrader is buggy. Secondly, I dont mind updating to those "daily" builds, if you dont want to, nobody forces you too, simply update only when LiveUpdate notifies you. And finally, its a pc program and even IF it has bugs (which again MT doesnt have much, IMHO), is that SUCH a gigantic problem?

Lemme put it this way, "my friend", each and every PC program has bugs (if one doesnt see them, that simply means that nobody has bumped into them yet), and the fact that a program (= any program) gets a lot of updates DOES NOT mean that its buggy, rather it means that developers are WORKING on the program (looking for bugs and fixing them, introducing new features, etc). Do you really think that if a software gets updated rarely its totally fine and doesnt need any extra work (and thus the developement team sits around and getting the money)? Besides, I often see people "crying" about many updates (check out comments on www.betanews.com , for instance) that are beta/apha/etc, but the thing is that those betas/alphas/etc are for those who WANT TO try them, if you dont, dont update and wait for the final version. I made the point about the betas, because in case of MetaTrader those "betas" are the daily builds: you dont like them coming out often? > dont use them.

And btw, that "glitch" i reffered to, came up ONLY in 201, by mistake.

Cheers,

Diam0nd

P.S. And by the way, those who think i work for MQ are wrong. I am in NO way associated with them, I simply use and like the platform. So again, doubters can made my day. Ty.

I LOVE

Heres a suggestion. I would LOVE it if I could sort my indicator windows. I am particular about where they go in relation to other indicators. I am an evermorphing trader who has been thru hundreds of them. I am pretty stable in the ones I have now but I do change occasionally. With this feature I wouldnt have to rebuild a template to add an indicator in the middle.

Diam0nd, I think you protest too much, I wasn't having a go at you, I was having a go at the way Metaquotes keeps breaking core functionality when adding new features (e.g. the history/download disaster or the genetic optimizer being about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike first time around), then if people try and have them up about bugs on the MQL fourm they get met with silence. I have obvously hit a sore spot, but don't worry, my opinion counts for nothing! . Metatrader is a great program, I just wish they would get it right! but then that's probably when we start paying

Craig:
Diam0nd, I think you protest too much, I wasn't having a go at you, I was having a go at the way Metaquotes keeps breaking core functionality when adding new features (e.g. the history/download disaster or the genetic optimizer being about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike first time around)

Absolutely unjustified statement.

Anyhow, lets finish it here. I made my point and I see no use in going on any further.

Does anyone else have a problem upgrading to build 201? MT seems to stop responding when I update and restart.

aegis:
Does anyone else have a problem upgrading to build 201? MT seems to stop responding when I update and restart.

Same here. Tried few times, and had no luck!!!

I would greatly appreciate if someone can tell me what are the reasons...

I read somewhere else that somebody else had the same problem and for some reason, he had to disable his anti-virus software. If you want to upgrade to 201 for the history download, I would wait until 202...

New build is out. (10 Jan 2007)

What's new:

1. Fixed drawing of Andrews' Pitchfork when anchoring points are close to each other.

2. Fixed the previous build error of exact search in the iBarShift function if the corresponding bar is not available.

3. Fixed hanging of the WindowScreenShot function for the fixed-scale chart.

4. Tester: When generating fxt files and in case of no connection, there will be an attempt to get the latest known parameters instead of substitution of default values.

5. MQL4: Removed the too strict type check for the 'switch' operator.

6. MQL4: Added expression presence checking after simple assignment operation.

7. Updated custom indicator ZigZag.

Download link, as usual is: http://www.metaquotes.ru/files/mt4setup.exe

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

New build was out yesterday. (12 Jan 2007)

What's new: fixed a memory leak, causing extra amounts of mem to be used (well, thats why its called leak:) )

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

Reason: