DECEMA - Xmas gift! - page 2

Hi Codeguru,

You can make this MA in one indicator.

ValeoFX:
Codersguru and JoZo, you no doubt are in a class of your own, but please help this hapless and helpless (LOL) "temporarily mentally challenged-ME" to get this GIFT from you to work.

I down loaded the zipped-file and extracted it to have the 2 indicators which I have installed correctly. The one runs on the candles, the second one in a seperate window down south.

Where did I go wrong?

Your time and help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Just put DECEMA and DECEMA-a in the indicators folder. After that compile it, and load on your chart only DECEMA because DECEMA-a is only a support for the primary indicator (DECEMA).

Hope this will help you

Hi codersguru

I know your making a big effort and I have to say thank you but (maybe I don´t understand the purpose of the indicator) I can´t see the difference or advantage between a decema (red in this chart) and a 1 ema (white in the chart). Can you explain a little more please.

Thanks

JoZo:
Hi,

Just put DECEMA and DECEMA-a in the indicators folder. After that compile it, and load on your chart only DECEMA because DECEMA-a is only a support for the primary indicator (DECEMA).

Hope this will help you

Now that I have seen the chart from TragaPips (above), that is how mine looked and I thought there must be a mistake as others posted higher up is vastly different. I am sorry to say but at the moment I don't see any advantage in it, so I am "concerned" that I may miss out on something really important . As you assisted in the development, what is the reason behind your thinking, please?

Best wishes.

codersguru:
This is my Xmas gift Hope you like it:
  • For traders:
    A new great moving average indicator added to the arsenal of moving average! the DECEMA (Special thanks to JoZo for his help!)
  • For programmers:
How to work with number of buffers greater than the only 8 buffers that the MQL4 supports!

DECEMA

First of all, GREAT work! Honestly, simply amazing. Thank you for all your work and for keeping the things you share Open Source, because that's the only way other people can learn from what you do.

Secondly, I suggest you write an article on the 8+ buffers method and send it to MetaQuotes. I mean, you do know that they PAY for articles, right? But in this case its not just about the pay, I simply believe that this is a VERY interesting method and other people/ programmers might benefit from it as well!

Again, thanks so much, coders', your work is more than appreciated!

Cheers,

Diam0nd

I LOVE

igorad:
Hi Codeguru, You can make this MA in one indicator.

As Igorad suggests, the buffer restriction only applies to display buffers - there is nothing to stop you using arrays. Anyway, here is my attempt...

Files:
decema.mq4  4 kb

Hi,

The indicators are totally different. Maybe the EMA1 and DECEMA5 is similar but DECEMA is more faster.

DECEMA is "DEMA@10".

It's a a very fast trend indicator with very low lag ( to be used together with an EMA to fast identify changing of direction/trend on prices.

I was using it with the Channel Trading system to identify the change of the Channel.

I'm still trying to find a good CROSS system for this indicator because i think that is good.

kappari:
Great work codersguru ,

thanks jozo ,

How can we get the two on one indicator, can anyone do this, it would be real good

omelette:
As Igorad suggests, the buffer restriction only applies to display buffers - there is nothing to stop you using arrays. Anyway, here is my attempt...

I agree too, if I need additional buffer I just use normal arrays, and ArrayResize function. It works very good.

omelette:

I resign! That's right!

Reason: