Ask! - page 146

Need help

Dear Coderguru and other respected coders,

Please, can you kindly help me to develop an alert on this indicator ( levelstop-Reverse-vB0-4). That is at the arrow(s) point. I'm sorry for any inconvience.

Thank a million

Library cglib.mq4

Dear coderguru,

Sonetime ago you developed library cglib.mq4 which contains some useful functions particularly shell functions which allows to generate phone call using skype. And I can't find it published anywhere. Could you please make it available?

Thank you

Victor

In need of a little help - Close then open on same candle

Hello!

I have been working on a new expert and have been learning a lot and making pretty good progress with what I am trying to accomplish but have been stuck with this one major problem for the last few days and can not for the life of me get it right. I know you all get a lot of requests and do your best to help people out and I can not tell you how much I appreciate this!

Anyway, none of the EA's that I program using the Expert Advisor Builder (not to the point where I can write the code myself..) seem to want to open a reverse position after closing another on the same candle even when all conditions are met. I made a simple MA cross EA just to make sure this problem was not with my Buy or Sell conditions for my expert but was the default setting for the coding program. I do not want to add a stop and revese function because the Close (buy) and Close (sell) conditions are not exactly the same as the Sell or Buy, though they are very similar.

For simplicity sake I have attached a simple MA cross EA here that is written using the same source and has the same basic template as the one I am actually trying to fix but is less cluttered and an easier read. If there is anybody who could give me a hand or point me in the right direction by fixing this to be able to open a new trade immediately after closing the prior trade I can not describe how thankful I would be!!

Thanks!!

Files:
ma_test_ea.mq4  11 kb

Same Candle Error

AceFX-

I think your trade logic is waiting for a new bar to execute a trade because of this piece of code in the entry conditions:

Bars != BarCount

The Exit conditions update the BarCount so, for in order for Bars!=BarCount to be true, a new bar has to be painted.

You could add something to the Exit logic to track the Type of trade that was just closed and then use that to override your Bars!=BarCount restriction.

For instance after the OrderClose() function to close an OP_BUY order you could add:

int LastType=1;

Then in the Entry Logic for the Sell Order you could add:

(Order == SIGNAL_SELL && ((EachTickMode && !TickCheck) || (!EachTickMode && (Bars != BarCount || LastType==1))))

Just a thought....

-Ben

Thank you!

Ben,

Can't thank you enough for the quick and helpful reply. You were absolutely correct and I am a step closer because of it!

I do have one more question however, trying to add a break even point at a level less than the trailing stop but haven't gotten past:

extern bool UseBreak_Even = True;

extern int Break_Even = 20;

Any chance on some advice here as well?

Thanks again and take care!

-Ace

Time Frames

Is there a MA that is capable of storing ticker data that can then be used in MT4 or Excel.

Example: 1 Second, 2 Second, 3 Second, 4 Second, 5 Second, 10 Second, 20 Second Etc Etc

Storing Ticker values, each 1/10th of a second then X this value by your desired time frame

Question,

Can I use #include in an indicator? if not? Why not?

Yes, you can use #include in an indicator.

-B

ea modification

hi everybody, i have my own ea and would like to get the exit stategy modified,the ea right now exits at tp or sl ,i'd like to have the ea exit at the next signal and place a new entry at the same arrow,

btw i'd appreciate for any help ,i paid for that ea ,i give the file here and you can play with it

Files:
nck-v1.0.mq4  4 kb

xpMa (NEED HELP)

codersguru,

I need your help n explain about your xpMa. See attached.

When i used your xpMa_v9-T3MA(12), that indicator dont work. That indicator not follow time running. I already used indicator T3MA(included) as per your XP Moving Average Settings from your website XP Worx - Custom MetaTrader (MQL4) Programming and Free Expert Advisors - Indicators - Libraries - Scripts - MetaTrader Extensions (c++ DLLs) and i follow your note.

Note: the T3MA.mq4, HMA.mq4, JMA.mq4, DECEMA_v1 and SALT (included) are required files for the Moving Average type 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Or i need new T3MA?

Please help me to used your indicator....(HOPE)

Files:
xpma1.gif  67 kb
Reason: