XP Moving Average! - page 23

online chart VS strategy tester chart

xpMA simple moving average mode on strategy tester chart is different from live price chart.

On live price chart up/down signal appears in 1 tick early sometimes.

Codersguru YOU ARE THE MAN !!!!

Hello Codersguru,

I`m happy to tell you that no more repaints with XP_MA

Now I will do some backtets and forwardtets with Fxniewbie settings on GBP 30 Min charts to see how it works.

Once again thankyou Codersguru.

PartyPips

PartyPips:
Hello Codersguru,

I`m happy to tell you that no more repaints with XP_MA

Now I will do some backtets and forwardtets with Fxniewbie settings on GBP 30 Min charts to see how it works.

Once again thankyou Codersguru.

PartyPips

You're welcome!

codersguru:
Could you check the updated version at xpworxand tell me what do you think?

Added:

Moving average type 8 is Hull Moving average !

Hi there! Now, I've checked the updated version and here's what I see now:

Now, as you might see, the position of the Blue (Turquoise, in my case, since Blue is WAY too dark on a black background) arrows is better now: on the first screen they are ALMOST on the xpma, but dont really touch it. On the second screenshot, however, they are on the xpma, as in the version before, but they are less on it than before.

So, on both screenshots the position of the Blue arrows is different. BUT the position of the Red arrows stays the same. So as far as I can see, there is smth MAJORLY wrong with the Blue arrows. Red seem fine. Thus again, check the code of positioning those Blue arrows.

Both screenshots were made on the same timeframe, same currency pair.

Thanks for all the work, Coders'! You rock! : D

Cheers,

Diam0nd

P.S. Thanks so much for changing the arrow codes to 241, 242. Now, the arrows look GREAT! : D

I LOVE

Recalcualtion problem

Picture 1 is xpMA 5 SMA close price on 1min chart live

Picture 2 is xpMA 5 SMA close price on 1min historical chart(redraw xpMA 5 SMA at the blue line)

I think xpMA makes signal at the begining of new bar even if applied price is close and this glitch makes this error.

euro-us:

-25 pips (stopped)

+70 pips

= +45 pips

Please ad popup alert to indicator

Could you please add options for popup mesage , arrows show direction and send email

Thank you

codesguru

Hi

I have a problem with your xpma similar to fx snipers ma

It will repaint the prevous line .I explain in the charts I set the period to 1 so it should only draw a line on the close

I made a mistake about something will make a new chart

Files:

Are you using ther last version?

ma this is the problem

this is the problem that i ment again the ma period was set to 1

made some minor mistake on this chart but will fix it was in a rush

Files:
Reason: