HedgeEA - page 6

Hedge Trader 5.4 test needs help

Hello everyone,

I am trying to start testing version 5.4 but can not make it work.

My broker IBFX, standard account with 5000 initial deposit. Timeframe M1.

Below are my settings:

ExpertName=HedgeEA V.5.4

Magic=100

Symbol1=GBPJPY

Symbol1isLong=1

Symbol2=CHFJPY

Symbol2isLong=0

Lotsizes=Set Ratio to 1 to use equal

Lots=0.01000000

Ratio=1.80000000

Data= Input Data

StopManageAcc=0

ProfitTarget=50.00000000

MaxLoss=0.00000000

Data2=Correlation Settings

UseCorrelation=0

cPeriod=20

MinCorrelation=0.80000000

MaxCorrelation=1.00000000

Data3=Bollinger Band Settings

UseBollinger=1

Bollinger_Symbol=GBPCHF

Bollinger_Period=1440.00000000

Data4=SWAP Settings

UseSwap=1

Data5=Money Management

AccountIsMicro=0

MoneyManagement=1

Risk=15.00000000

I have attached this EA to GBPJPY chart only. Both pairs are visible under Market Watch window.

Please help.

Here is one from june 06. Thats as far back as I went. If you disable auto scroll and keep hittin page up on m1 both pairs I dunno how far back you can get it to go.

Here is a monthly chart on gbp/jpy As you can see its coming off of an all time low. And just broke out of a wedge. The potential for a huge climb in the coming months/years is great. This huge low has to be balanced out.

This is a great time to get this started!

From what I can tell waching visual you need to be able to go 400-500 pips down at most extreme. To be able to go 1000 pips down should never hit a margin call. If you start with 500$ and use micro lots you can suffer 4050 pips down befor a margine call.

Files:
hedge2.gif  6 kb
hedge2.htm  19 kb

well ok its not able to get the chf/jpy position in so I dunno how to judge the tests now. This is just off of gbp/jpy position. Doesn't the chf/jpy position limmit the down side when its against you?

Yeap... thats the main idea )

tomstaufer:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to start testing version 5.4 but can not make it work.

My broker IBFX, standard account with 5000 initial deposit. Timeframe M1.

Below are my settings:

ExpertName=HedgeEA V.5.4

Magic=100

Symbol1=GBPJPY

Symbol1isLong=1

Symbol2=CHFJPY

Symbol2isLong=0

Lotsizes=Set Ratio to 1 to use equal

Lots=0.01000000

Ratio=1.80000000

Data= Input Data

StopManageAcc=0

ProfitTarget=50.00000000

MaxLoss=0.00000000

Data2=Correlation Settings

UseCorrelation=0

cPeriod=20

MinCorrelation=0.80000000

MaxCorrelation=1.00000000

Data3=Bollinger Band Settings

UseBollinger=1

Bollinger_Symbol=GBPCHF

Bollinger_Period=1440.00000000

Data4=SWAP Settings

UseSwap=1

Data5=Money Management

AccountIsMicro=0

MoneyManagement=1

Risk=15.00000000

I have attached this EA to GBPJPY chart only. Both pairs are visible under Market Watch window.

Please help.

My online test had not place any trade yet too

Are you using it on a live account? and/or micro?

If you are using it on a micro account you have to change the symbols to GBPJPYm / CHFJPYm / GBPCHFm

because market is closed???

fascinating EA with loads of promise. I'll forward test this week.

Hello folks,

Can anyone tell me what is the entry criteria for the trades. It looks like the moment the EA is enabled , it immediately opens 2 positions. And then again , as soon as the existing positions are closed with a 50 pip profit, it immediately opens another set of positions . I was wondering if it runs through any check before opening trades. I see something about bollinger bands on the input params , but i dont know if it checks for a certain criteria before opening trades.

Thanks in advance.

Bollinger is still experimental as all on the EA, we can use too correlation between pairs to check if it is a good entry point.

so only attach the EA to one chart(GBP/JPY), correct? But have the other chart open(CHF/JPY), correct?

You only need to attach to one chart (GBPJPY for example but not a must) and no other chart open.

I'm working on one version with Triagular arbitrage added to trade on a third pair... I'm waiting for market opening and I will post it as soon as I check that there are no error.

Reason: