HedgeEA - page 4

Other Correlation Indicators

Would this be important?

just to add entropy... entropy is good ehehehehe

Good thread about correlation indicators

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173001

during backtest does anyone get this:

Invalid price for OrderSend function

I was looking in the 'JOURNALS' tab of the strategy tester when i found this. Anyone know exactly what this means? Im running it on H4...

backtest?? you cannot backtest a multicurrency EA at least with strategy tester, I do not know if there are a way of doing it, but I do not think so. This must be forward tested.

YupYup:
during backtest does anyone get this:

Invalid price for OrderSend function

I was looking in the 'JOURNALS' tab of the strategy tester when i found this. Anyone know exactly what this means? Im running it on H4...

I think that means that stop loss or take profit is invalid. That basically means that the stop loss has to be e.g. more than 5 or so. The same maybe for take profit. Check out what orderSend function parameters are and you find out what is wrong.

Most probably those calcualtions are wrong.

nop... most probably either the GBPJPY or CHFJPY is hidden and you are not getting quotations from the market. This way the order is trying to place a value of $0 ... then error... Check if you can see all pairs involved on the market watch window, GBPJPY, CHFJPY and GBPCHF (for bollinger bandas)

Looking for another project

Hey all,

Thank you for sharing your EA. I appreciate the hard work that goes into such an effort.

I'm looking for another project to involve myself in (working on your own stuff too long can be claustrophobic), and this seemed like it might be interesting. Does anyone have any testing stats for this, maybe on a demo? I'd like some objective indication of the success before spending a lot of time. I don't mean to sound rude or anything, I just know I've tried this type of thing before..unsuccessfully .

I guess since it's multi-currency EA it can't be tested on strategy tester...if I had data maybe I could make a spreadsheet that mimics the logic. First things first though.

Hi!

the strategy is very simple, you can read all since the beginig some posts back on Part1.pdf ... Part4.pdf, and read this thread.

The main idea is to buy two currencies when they are correlated, and you take profit when they diverge. If they diverge on the wrong direction, you wait collecting swap on that time. This is why we use this pairs, they have the biggest swap rates, and a good volatility too.

If you can read some posts ago, the testing of the EA is what is worring me. I think we need that kind of tests to optimize settings. I have no doubt that this will be a great EA on a near future, but it still need to be worked out.

Thanks for your help.

Ok. I'll take a look at the logic when I get a chance this afternoon. I'm sure I could come up with the logic in Excel to test it. I didn't see the .pdf files and I've read through the whole thread. (Nevermind, found.)

Oh yeah, and I love volatile crosses like GBP/CHF . They are my bread and butter since about April.

Why GBPCHF on Bollinger?

Ok I'm confused again... why use GBPCHF on Bollinger?

I understand why but sometimes GBPCHF lags (we can use this as the third element on a future version of the EA, combining Hedging with Arbitrage, but we will get here later). Is it safe to use it? Or it is better to calculate BB of the two currencies and relate it direct using a formula...

I need to understand the background of this method... cturner can you show me the post on gmt where you spot it?

And regarding hedge exit? what to do? continue with a fixed value? Trailler the profit after some point? Or use Bollinger and/or correlation for the exit? Is it a good idea?

here is link kokas http://goldenmoneytree.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=101 it under #2 for package hedge.

Reason: