Can Anyone tell me what exactly is max drawdown?

Hello guys, Can Anyone tell me what exactly is max drawdown? 

I know what is that but I want to know the exact criteria which is affective on it.

For example If I have a position which is running in profit for 10% of my balance, and I do not close it, if it is closed on the position ( risk free )  it shows 10% drawdown for my account??

Maximum Drawdown
Maximum Drawdown
  • www.mql5.com
On the Detailed Report of my account on my MT4, the Maximal Drawdown is only at 2.65% but on my signal's Maximum Drawdown, it shows 56...

Sergey Golubev #:

There is small thread:
Maximum Drawdown 

more -

I didn't get that really

MetaTrader 5 Help
MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The Trading Platform is the trader's working tool, providing all the necessary features for a successful online trading. It includes trading...

Sergey Golubev #:

That was great, thanks. 

Now can you tell me in the graph of statement which drawdown it is showing?

Ramtin Re.:

Hello guys, Can Anyone tell me what exactly is max drawdown? 

I know what is that but I want to know the exact criteria which is affective on it.

For example If I have a position which is running in profit for 10% of my balance, and I do not close it, if it is closed on the position ( risk free )  it shows 10% drawdown for my account??

Drawdown is a decrease in the value of an investment or investment portfolio from the highest value to the lowest value within a certain trading period. This drawdown is usually quoted as a percentage between the peak and the next trough.

Max Drawdown is the highest Drawdown value that has ever occurred, and that value will change if there is a Drawdown that is higher than the previous Drawdown sir.

Dwi Sudarsono #:

Drawdown is a decrease in the value of an investment or investment portfolio from the highest value to the lowest value within a certain trading period. This drawdown is usually quoted as a percentage between the peak and the next trough.

Max Drawdown is the highest Drawdown value that has ever occurred, and that value will change if there is a Drawdown that is higher than the previous Drawdown sir.

So it does not matter whether I close the trade or not? 

It is calculated by the equity, or the balance?

Ramtin Re. #:

So it does not matter whether I close the trade or not? 

It is calculated by the equity, or the balance?

Drawdown is calculated by equity, and balance sir.

Dwi Sudarsono #:

Drawdown is calculated by equity, and balance sir.

Much appreciated. 

i am sure that it is different for mt4 and mt5, so you should specify which platform you are using.
Reason: