Phoenix is here! - page 24

Hendrick:
Some update on the the development of Phoenix version 4 (yes.. I killed version 3!). This version is working with a proper money management module (you can find an explanation here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/7927. I like it because it keeps the MD as low as possible. It increases the number of lots (and your net profit) when the EA is performing well and decreases them when the EA is not performing as it should be.

Version 4 is very different (maybe I should give it another name than Phoenix). I have attached 4 reports that show you the importance of money management (all report 90% modelling quality):

test 1 MM=true risk 0.02 decrease factor 3

test 2 MM=true risk 0.02 decrease=false (MD will increase!)

test 4 MM=false (more profit but MD will increase)

test 4 MM=true risk 0.1 decrease 3 (only for the daredevils.. but look at the net profit!).

NICE JOB Hendrik,

Thanks alot and have a good time

yay!!! can't wait for the phoenix 4

nice

waiting

Great Job Hendrick!

Can't wait to test out Phoenix v4.

Files:

Right on track, Hendrick!

Great Job!!

Though I am far from a seasoned trader, I understand exactly what you are saying about chart and EA interaction and agree with you 100%. The question is optimizing a "valid" EA over how much time since the pair changes personality without any visible cycles?

My programmer friend and I believe that we should optimize the strategy over a few different periods of time for any given chart and then run them all in tandem forward with the "control" settings on a live EA to measure relative performance. From there a judgement can be made as to which optimizing time periods work the best and keep swapping the successful settings out over time as performance drops on the live account. Hendrick, is this what you had in mind?

DeadEye96:
Great Job!!

Though I am far from a seasoned trader, I understand exactly what you are saying about chart and EA interaction and agree with you 100%. The question is optimizing a "valid" EA over how much time since the pair changes personality without any visible cycles?

My programmer friend and I believe that we should optimize the strategy over a few different periods of time for any given chart and then run them all in tandem forward with the "control" settings on a live EA to measure relative performance. From there a judgement can be made as to which optimizing time periods work the best and keep swapping the successful settings out over time as performance drops on the live account. Hendrick, is this what you had in mind?

This is how I'm trying to find the right settings: I do a backward test for the last 6 months (longer time spans give useless results) and try to find the basic settings. With "basic" I mean this special mix of number of Trades, Net Profit and MD. If I've found these settings I start tweaking until I've found the optimum settings. With these settings your balance should give you a straight up going curve. See the attached examples for the EURUSD and the USDJPY. Sometimes your curve will drop at the end. It then helps to do some more tests for the last 3 months to change your settings just a little bit to get this curve up again.

The idea behind all this is: "if you have a smooth up going balance-curve for the last 6 months, you may expect that this curve will continue for at least another month. After this you have to test again to check if the settings need to be adjusted". Until now I think it works.

Files:

rzamany:
hello

where is phoenix 4?

thanks

Not finished yet!

Reason: