Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 100

Important

Hi, Just for New Joiner and Old Dad in Phoenix ;-)

Check this threat and help to make it efficient...

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561

and this one too :

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175560

Means, just post DOC, F.A.Q. and fine tuning and stuff about Phoenix.

NO QUESTIONS in this threat please...

It's a great initiative.

AZBOfin:
i am running mode 3 live on a IBFX mini account. the trade-setups as well as the results are far different from what my demo accounts (IBFX, FXDD, SBFX) return.

i am very busy right now with my day job (it's going into holiday season) but i'll post my trading statements on the weekends.

ciao

AZBOfin

I will post my demo account statements tomorrow. Last week I also posted my REAL account statement but I think it is unuseful to do the same this week because of the big errors and manual actions I took over the days.

I can only say that giving a fast look to the trade of demos and real they are very similar giving always very good result.

The most interesting thing was how Phoenix mode 3 did this afternoon with movements of USD. In general mode 3 made a superb work.

Hendrick contacted me last week because he was very interested in results of all 3 modes demo AND real accounts so I mantain my promise to post results every week.

Raffaele

Will post statement of this week to morrow.

Mode 3

Demo

Interbank

Normal settings

5 cur:

$/JPY, EUR/JPY, GB/$, GB/JPY, $/CHF

Good.... and bad week specially to day

Good : coz P5 recover from a big capsize Monday and Tuesday...

(GB killed me!)

Bad : to day. I had trades on the fire... in the trend but in contrary of what happened...

I saw it... when the prices reverse... but : or your are testing like "shoot and forget..." or you interfere..

Dilemna...

vincethebeast:

In reaction to a post from Dave188 who stated:

"There is only one last thing that you could do for Hendrick and this nice EA - further develop it with people who deserves it and do it outside of this forum (via EMail, Messengers etc.). Don’t get used by them."

I do agree that it would be rather unfair (to say it nicely…) in my mind that the 'takers' will just be able to download a perfect EA after everybody here has done the hard work...

On the other hand, will be rather hard to, sort of decide who deserves to be 'in' and who doesn't.. Secondly I think that's the whole point of a forum I suppose. Let everybody give his/her view and eventually (almost by natural selection... ;-) ) things eventually will move forward. A shame there's always the usual 'vultures' but hey... I guess that's the world we are living in... and we will just have to get used to (or by?!?) it…

Nice post vince. You said that we can't control who deserves it to develop this EA further. I say: We can! I would be happy if people who really! wants to develop this EA would meet on another place - not here in these "open" forum where every "Taker" profits from their hard work. If people would come together in a "closed" group you can monitor each ones contribution. We could create a Phoenix-Community where people who wants to take have to give before. Hendricks opinion to Open-Source is very cool but like the most other things in our world this goodwill would be abused. Maybe Hendrick himself wants to be the originator of this community. He could easily choose the people with most / best contribution to his project and bring up his "child".

just my 2 cents....

best regards and a happy weekend

Malcik:
I wouldn't mind creating it, but maybe I'm don't have enough knowledge about this system to answer all of the Q&As. Except for the "Why Phoenix doesn't make any profit on 1M chart" kind of thing, or how do I set the MM and PrefSetting to run the backtest, or how to get char history into my MT4. Let me know if I could be of any help.

That is exactly the kind of help we would need in the user forum please join https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175561 in the top 5.

Dave188:
Nice post vince. You said that we can't control who deserves it to develop this EA further. I say: We can! I would be happy if people who really! wants to develop this EA would meet on another place - not here in these "open" forum where every "Taker" profits from their hard work. If people would come together in a "closed" group you can monitor each ones contribution. We could create a Phoenix-Community where people who wants to take have to give before. Hendricks opinion to Open-Source is very cool but like the most other things in our world this goodwill would be abused. Maybe Hendrick himself wants to be the originator of this community. He could easily choose the people with most / best contribution to his project and bring up his "child".

just my 2 cents....

best regards and a happy weekend

Hope we are in the "happy fews"...

Dave188: development will continue to be open, but there is a group of us who have email set aside so we can be more blunt about development. The development thread is for suggestions, regular code posts, test results, etc.

We do need a place for statements to be stored as well. Detailed statements are useful for developers, but not always. We need settings, and we need to see those settings live tested!

I would like the User thread to have User questions. They need to go somewhere. The reason that "read post#1" is in the title of the thread is cut down on duplicate questions, not stop all questions completely. This thread is getting very long, and I think it is unreasonable to expect new people to read it, or post/reply here.

bertbin:
Hope we are in the "happy fews"...

I'm doing active development. HerbertH contributed the Mode3 fix. I have been reading the compilation of all suggestions which often include code. Phoenix will continue to be open and free.

Now people may contribute code and request a license for that code. Like "only include code in a GPL version of Phoenix" or something like that. Hendrick currently has the copyright to Phoenix but if every line of code is replaced, then it is "inspired by" and not "property of" Hendrick. Copyright and License are two things that community projects need to agree on. Currently: Copyright Hendrick, unstated license with no for sale redistribution rights - possibly including no reposting here. Hendrick let us develop Phoenix more, sort of releasing the code to the community although not in a legal contract.

In private communication with codevelopers he said they can do with it as they will.

I am committed to open development, open code. However, people who contribute code (not ideas but code) could require a specific license on their patch code. This is based on US and International copyright law.

daraknor:

I have a friend with a doctorate in physics testing Phoenix right now. We were discussing genetic algorithms for parameters, neural network for confidence, and bayesian filters for logic processing yesterday. He is also a math genius with access to large computer clusters working for the Department of Defense doing Quantum PHysics. He just doesn't have the time build the entire framework himself, although he has written some genetic algo lately for other projects. This goal isn't unattainable, it just isn't practical this week. Give it a few months and I should have AI in DLLs coming up with parameters.

Wau, hat down!

I hope I can somehow help with my limited knowledge and resources.

Btw, I have one quick cosmetic suggestion. Let every version have clearly changed/written in the code which (beta/sub)version it is - so it's shows in the comment for all those that are testing several EA's with one MT and for easy comparism of data.

Mario

Reason: